“fantastic room”

The Imperial Tenby Hotel
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Tenby
Reviewed 19 June 2014

stayed for one nite .only paid 79 pounds had a sea facing room with large balcony ..massive room .large sofa ,four poster bed ,bathroom had bath and a walk in shower ..good breakfast ..fantastic value for money .also let us park in managers spot in car park over night .

2  Thank tammyjack
Simon M, General Manager at The Imperial Tenby Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you for writing such a positive review following your stay at the Imperial Hotel in Tenby.
I am delighted that you had a great experience and that you enjoyed our hotel.I shall pass on all your kind comments to the staff as they always trying their very best to help our customers.
I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future Regards, SImon

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Only stayed for one night,room comfy,staff helpful and friendly would stay again, only downside parking for 6 or 7 cars at most at hotel.Managed to find parking space on one of the side streets but had wing mirror broken so really would use car park for 24hour parking on next visit. Felt Tenby which as always been one of my favourite places to visit,looks a bit tired and shabby council needs to invest.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Imperial Hotel. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel and services that we provide, I shall certainly make sure that all the team are aware of your kind comments. We have a small car park but as you mention is other car parks near by and we always more than happy to help our customers to point them in the right direction. I am sorry to hear about your wing mirror was broken as this is no a usual thing for Tenby and it can happen anywhere in the uk. Tenby is a fantastic place with magical views and I am glad you enjoy your stay. I hope to see you soon in the near future. Regards, Simon

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed for 4 nights recently. Unfortunately they did not have one room available for all 4 nights therefore we stayed in the best room for 2 nights and a sea view room for 2. The price for 4 nights is £199 plus room supplements. Because the computer reservation system cannot handle this situation we had 2 bookings at £119 plus supplements - an £80 supplement per couple for this.
We had the best room for the first 2 nights. Very nice - large, great views, balcony, bath and shower in bathroom although some furniture was not as good quality as it could have been.
What a change for the 2nd 2 nights. The room was half the size of the first room and had a bathroom in the corner - the bathroom did not encroach into the room in the first. The room was no more than 2 star standard and the shower barely wet you. I think that other rooms are bigger and better but DO NOT book a standard sea view room (& pppn supplement) as you WILL be disappointed.
Restaurant was normal 3 star fare and food was tasty, filling and served quickly - 30 minutes for 3 course evening meal.

Room Tip: Do not choose a standard room or a sea view room, its worth paying more.
3  Thank TheRealist999

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Imperial Hotel. I have passed your comments onto all the relevant departments. We are always looking to improve the service & accommodation that we offer and I am sorry that the week was full and you have to book two different rooms for your holiday. I hope to see you again in the near future. Regards, Simon

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Visited Saturday with the intention of having lunch, However walked back out, after failing to get any service.

Shocking situation, when people are bringing back a pot of tea with no tea bag in, just hot water, you cannot get any more basic than that.

Although there were two people serving behind the bar, they were clueless, and short with customers, looking very stressed, which is strange considering they were not busy, and it was only around 1.30pm.

I cannot comment on the food as we never spotted any, depressing atmosphere, and lacking in any helpful staff. Prices are not cheap, so you would expect at the very least a basic level of service.

Shame, but I would give this place a miss, and we will certainly not be returning.

3  Thank Sparky092
Simon M, General Manager at The Imperial Tenby Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Many thanks to post a review. I'm sorry to read that your visit had been let down by my staff. After receiving so many positive and kind comments about them this is disappointing to read. I and the team are working very hard to address all the comments you made. I shall investigate your comments about the service and please be assured that all comments shall be actioned by myself and the team. I do hope that you choose to come back again and I am positive you will see a remarkable improvement. Regards, Simon

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Reccomend you upgrade to a best room with sea view, then it's brilliant. Staff friendly & helpful. We had bed & breakfast which gave us the opportunity to sample the local restaurants of which there are many. Lovely town and beaches.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to review the Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you had a nice break with us. I completely agree with you we are so lucky to have such a fantastic location and the upgrade room are very good value for money. Tenby is a great place to explore, lots to see and do. Specially when the weather is good, I hope to see you again soon. Regards, Simon

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Having been travelling the UK for the last 4 weeks I can honestly say this hotel has been the biggest disappointment. The room is on a noticeable lean, the carpets are filthy and I'm not sure how to describe the shower - absolutely terrible. Just no pressure at all. I'm all for water saving but I actually questioned if there was enough water to actually shower. The only positive I have is the view from the room is beautiful and the lady on reception was friendly and helpful. I do not recommend this hotel.

3  Thank gipsiduo

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review. I´m glad you enjoy the location and the fantastic views that the Imperial have to offer. I and the team we will investigate all comments made about the room. We always strive to provide the best service to our guest and we will do our best to accommodate in the best possible way and when these things are brought to our attention we try to deal with them as quickly and efficiently as possible.I do hope that you choose to come back again and I am positive you will see a remarkable improvement. Regards, Simon

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed here with Shearings , most enjoyable , just could do with a bit more organisation in the dinning room , all work hard but short of someone in overhaul charge in there at meal times . The meals where very good , and able to select the time for the evening meal was a great idea

Room Tip: Choose to upgrade and select a sea view room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us. I do apologize if you felt let down but the organisation in the dining room and I can assure you I will investigate with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Regards, Simon