“Excellent say and excellent service also delicious breakfast”

Ivy Bank Guest House
Ranked #26 of 52 Tenby B&B and Inns
tredegar
“Excellent say and excellent service also delicious breakfast”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Me and my partner stayed at ivy bank for a few days on 19th July 2014 we had the best stay ever excellent service lovely people and the breakfast is to die for the rooms are very clean and a lovely view and not far from the beach also good for price they really make u feel very welcome would really recommend these for anyone we will be staying again .

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Lived up to my expectations. Short walk to the beach and town. Paid £8 for 48hours parking down the road at the train station, although if you're lucky there are spaces on the street. Room met our needs and came with tea/coffee and bathroom had toiletries. The breakfasts were amazing, room was clean and fresh and the staff were very friendly. Perfect accomodation!!

• Stayed June 2014
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights ,the guest house was clean and fresh ,and the breakfast cooked to order ,the owner and her daughter was very pleasant and enjoyed talking to them ,the room was cleaned everyday and couldnt fault it for being spotlessely clean ,We did feel the room was quite small even thou it was supposed to be a double ,not many places to put your clothes apart from a small wardrobe ,which was really for one ,and a chester draws again suitable for one person ,so we kept our clothes in the cases ,up the corner of the room ,,a pity there was not a evening meal ,would have been better ,than walking around of a evening for a meal ,but the really let down was the parking ,as there isnt anywhere to park ,apart for a few spaces ,thats not took up by residents parking which you need a permit ,or you get a ticket ,if you do happen to get a space ,your scared to go out in your car as you no ,there will be no where to park your car when you get back ,and i dont go on holiday to ride around to find somewhere to park my car to get to my accommodation ,you can park on the railway station which is a 2 min walk but it will cost you 16pound a week or 4 pound a day,Its a pity because it is a nice guest house ,if you come by train or coach then it would be ok

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed here with my husband and daughter in one room, my mum in another. Upon arrival we were welcomed by Anne and her lovely smile. The guest house smelt so clean and fresh we were so pleased. Anne showed us (and helped carry bags) to our rooms. Our room was light, airy, spotlessely clean and perfect for our daughter who is 4. Our daughter had her own single bed at the end of the room. The en suite was sparkling clean with little shampoo, shower gel and face soap. We also had a kettle, mugs and a little tin full of tea, coffee, hot chocolate, sugars and caramel biscuits.

My mum had a lovely room too with the same as us except just one bed for her.

We had a great sleep as the beds were so comfortable and the street and guest house really quiet. The sheets were so clean it's as if they were brand new. It was like home from home. Our breakfast was brillliant too. I forgot to ask for Kippers for my mum which you can order a day in advance. My husband and mum had full English two days and on the third my husabnd had the biggest omlete he'd ever seen! My daugher and I had just sausages, toast, bacon and cereal. They could not have been more accommadating. We had as much toast as we wanted and plenty of coffee, tea and orange juice too.

We had Anne's daughter serve us breakfast two of the mornings, she was really lovely and smiley. We met her little baby too. Anne's daughter told us the best place to go for an Indian meal which was "Barbucci" a 3 minute walk from the guest house, fantastic food. Also "Top Joes" Italian which was incredible value and beautiful food.

We really really really really enjoyed our stay at the guest house and will be back again without a doubt. I highly reccommend this guest house it's so clean, feiendly and incredible value fo rmoney. It's in between the train station and the town so an easy walk to the centre. You come out near the North beach.This Guest House is ideal for families, couples, business, friends, solo in fact ANYONE!

Thank you Anne and family for making our stay really really really really great!!

Room Tip: All rooms are of a high standard.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sarah B
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed in Ivy Bank Guest house for our anniversary. Anne (the owner) showed us to our room on arrival (could smell the room had just been cleaned and welcoming smell).
Annes daughter advised us on places to eat and what a good choice she had. Breakfast was cooked to order and faultless.
Unfortunately i left my cardigan in the room and Anne very kindly posted it to me on request. Nothing ever seems too much bother.
I would definitely recommend this guest house an my husband and i would recommend this very clean, friendly and accomodating guest house to all. Shame we only had one nights childcare, would have loved to have stayed longer!!!

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Ceri14
Delaware
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I recently had the pleasure of spending a few nights at The Ivy Bank Guest House in Tenby, Wales. Since it was early spring the streets of Tenby were relatively quiet and I had an opportunity to share the daily routines of local residents, and The Ivy Bank fit perfectly into that scheme. Located a short walk from the town center, the guest house is perfectly situated for excursions into town while preserving quiet evenings and nights. It is also located very near the train station (five minute walk), so one need not have a car. The accommodations you will find there are emmaculate, charmingly decorated, and top quality. The bedding was as soft and smooth as silk and the mattress itself was wonderfully comfortable. Breakfast, which is taken in the spotless and very pretty, traditional dining room ( serving china was possibly arthur wood "fruit grove"?) , is abundant and prepared fresh to order by Anne the friendly, efficient, and extremely energetic owner. My room was en suite and I am guessing that all of the others are as well. The bathroom contained everything I needed for a comfortable stay. In fact, I just cannot say enough good things about the Ivy Bank Guest House, and I would love to return for a longer stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I booked on the off chance for a two night stay and managed to get in on arrival the guest house looked superb in an ideal location for the railway station for which i always use parking a no no in tenby,the room was spotless and the en suite likewise, breakfast was superb and anne the owner was a pleasure to be with, ww will be back in the summer keep up the good work.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple