“Simply the best!”

Blue Ball Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 127 Restaurants in Tenby
Price range: US$57 - US$57
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 11 January 2012

We return to this cosy, friendly place every visit we make to Tenby and have never been disappointed. (We did try the competition a few months ago and were terribly disappointed with quality and price)
In the Blue Ball you can eat simply or spoil yourselves rotten with delicious, freshly prepared food that is served with care and kindness.
Wouldn't recommend any where else.

Reviewed 1 December 2011

Great food and service at a very good price, book and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 19 November 2011

I had booked a table in The Blue Ball Restaurant for myself and my husband, but after reading the last review by Tomdubbo of Australia, I had serious reservations. My husband, however, said we should give it a go and make up our own minds, as he had heard some more favourable reports about the restaurant.
After being very sceptical, we had an amazing meal. There was, in fact, a huge variety of food to choose from, certainly no evidence of a poor menu.
I defintiely will not rely on a few poor reviews on Tripadvisor when choosing where to eat in the future. We just all have to remember that there is always someone who likes to have a moan and like to write negative reviews for the sake of it. I am so glad that I listened to my husband and not an Aussie stranger! If you appreciate good food, I urge you to visit the Blue Ball.

2  Thank BristolClarissa
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Pretty poor menu. OK fish, boring accompaniments. Would not recommend.

Reviewed 7 November 2011

I booked for Sunday lunch with my Mum, having read reviews that claimed it was the best Sunday lunch in Tenby. We had to book for an early slot - 12.30 which was opening time.. so everthing should have been fresh and ready to go. We both chose roast beef, which was fine, tender and well flavoured. Potatoes and veg also fine. But the Yorkshire puddings were burnt, and shouldn't really have left the kitchen. There was a smattering of gravy, and none offered in a gravy boat which I would expect. I'm sure we could have had more if we'd asked (we didn't) but that's hardly the point.
Desserts were also something of a disappointment - I had an apple and blackcurrant crumble - the crumble was ok if a little soft, but the fruit was drastically lacking sugar. My Mum wasn't sure about the Mojito jelly but once I'd explained what a Mojito was she was game to try it. It was a big jelly, and it didn't get finished. Now I know Mojito shouldn't be sweet, but this was sour to the point of skinning your tongue. More lime than mint, and the balance just wrong. It needed something with it, as the few berries scattered round the plate didn't really help it along. I think we paid about £15-£16 a head plus drinks.

So - nothing dreadfully bad, but too many mistakes that should have been picked up by the chefs, and certainly not the best Sunday lunch in Tenby.