“Never fails provide excellence”

Blue Ball Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 127 Restaurants in Tenby
Price range: US$57 - US$57
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Just back from Tenby and another amazing meal at the Blue Ball, one of our favourite places on earth to eat. From the time you walk through the door the service and attention is impeccable. The ambience perfect and the food always excellent. Deb is always flexible and will cook to your every need, no exceptions! Zoe the restaurant manager cannot do enough to make your experience at the Blue Ball something you want to come back for time and again.
Thank you all for providing perfection time and again.

Di and Jude

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I've written a review on this restaurant previously and had nothing but positive things to say and we really enjoyed our meal. So when staying in Tenby again it was a no brainer to go there again. We arrived last night and ordered, we both chose garlic bread to start and couldn't believe what we were served, the bread was burnt black, even the waitress squirmed when she saw it and quickly removed it, we declined a replacement and went on to our main course. We ordered the steak pie with garlic potatoes, the pie was so salty it was in edible, and I'll eat most things!! So back that went too!! In the end we gave up and left....

2  Thank Taffy76
BabySouthWales, Owner at Blue Ball Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

It's always disheartening to read such negative reviews, especially as your previous dining experience had been so positive. Our aim is, and always has been to provide quality, tasty food, cooked to perfection.
Our restaurant manager did try and resolve your complaint that evening, as we would with any of our valued customers. We would never want anyone to leave dissatisfied. The Blue Ball team have always strived for excellence, and therefor are truly sorry that your experience was so disappointing.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

My girlfriend and I ate in this restaurant on Saturday 15th feb 2014. We have both travelled to many different parts of the world and eaten in many restaurants and can confidently say that our starters of prawn salad and also my scallops were in the top 10 best ever.... Then we move onto our main course, we both had the Welsh fillet steak, it arrived without steak knives to which we both commented to each other, then I used my dinner knife and the steak fell apart with no effort and was cooked to our request perfectly. This steak is in our top 5 and that is high praise indeed as we love to eat steak!!

I recommend this restaurant to everyone who visits Tenby, it's a must!!

A great atmosphere and super service even though it was busy.

We loved it!!!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We have eaten here a number of times and have never been disappointed. It just gets better. Last night I had the Risotto starter which I've had previously but very pleasantly surprised with the new recipe, delicious. My partner had the pork terrine, also gorgeous. We both had the Welsh Black Fillet which melted in our mouth. My partners dessert was probably the best ever, gingerbread pudding so light and sooo tasty. I had cheese & biscuits also lovely but wish I'd had the pudding! All washed down with a lovely bottle of red!
Compliments to the chef.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Food – in particular high quality produce cooked to absolute perfection – is a major joy in life and when you find that combination served in both a warmly welcoming and relaxed atmosphere you are on a real winner. And we believe the Blue Ball is not only the best restaurant in Tenby …. we believe it is the best in West Wales by some distance. There is plenty of variety on the menu but for us the steak is out of this world and the presentation and flavours unsurpassed. You get what you pay for and we believe at the Blue Ball you get exceptional value for money - and then some! Congratulations to all the friendly and helpful staff but, most of all, the message to the talented chefs is "keep up the sublime cooking."