“Blue ball to the rescue...never let's you down :-)”

Blue Ball Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 127 Restaurants in Tenby
Price range: US$57 - US$57
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Been eating here several times over the past 5 years and decided to review the meal we had mid last week , this was just the best in west wales and never eats you down... Seems they have dome kind of early bird special where you revive 20% discount if your sitting down between 6-7 .... This place is special no matter what time you eat here ... Always outstanding staff and truly tremendous food on the numerous times we've eaten here ... This time I had a fillet steak and my partner had fish...... Both meals where better than mouth watering !!!!, desert menu a little small but brilliant wine menu.....two bottles of bubbly later and some great cheesecake made a good night great....around £130 spent but well more every penny ....... !!!!! highly , highly , highly recommend to all it just brilliant ...like the staff atmosphere and staff...go you'll love it.

2  Thank LondonArtlover

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Had two meals out in Tenby, the blue ball and the mooring - I recommend the mooring, much better than this place. Food was just about okay - but nowhere near good enough to justify the price. Service was dreadful - 30mins to take a drinks order, wrong desert brought out and then overcharged on the bill!

2  Thank jon u
BabySouthWales, Owner at Blue Ball Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Jon,
We are sorry to read that your experience was poor in our restaurant. I am personally looking into improve the service with regards to people being served drinks in a timely and courteous manner and can only appogise for the mistake with the dessert and bill.
Our food is our passion and we are very disappointed that you classed it as ok! We always strive for perfection.
We hope on your next trip toTenby you will call in and see why people return again and again to our wonderful restaurant.
Warm regards
Debbie

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Not pleased with the food or the service in this multi awarded restaurant. My wife and i sat to our table and it was 25 mins before our order was taken and another 20 mins before our starter (Salmon) arrived.... plus a bottle of wine was forgotten and you get "sorry about that".

Those words we heard many times through our time sat at the table. Main dish arrived 1hour after we had sat to the table and the "Hake" was tasteless.
We decided to leave and left the Hake for the seagulls. We chose not to pay for meal.

All in all "Not very good place to spent our hard earnt money"

5  Thank L K
Reviewed 4 July 2014

While on hols in Tenby me and partner went for a meal at Blue Ball restaurant, I had the Welsh Faggots with creamy mash and homemade bread as an extra, my meal was fantastic but unfortunately my partner was disappointed that they had no chicken Kiev available which she had been eyeing up, although she enjoyed her steak she is not biggest fan of this, we both had deserts to finish off which were delicious!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Ate early on one weekday evening here; service was pleasant and prompt, menu was varied and enticing. The food was well presented, excellent home made bread but I think this could have been free rather than an extra. I would say small portions given the prices and my husbands tuna was overcooked which was disappointing. Overall we enjoyed the food but weren't 'blown away'