“Excellent food”
Review of Carrington's Restaurant. - CLOSED

Carrington's Restaurant.
Price range: US$51 - US$51
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Visited whilst on a break in Tenby, was made very welcome from the minute we walked through the door, ordered from the menu while sat in the bar area, then took through to the restaurant to our table with some very delicious bread, we had starters and can highly recommend the home made soup have to say it was the best soup I have ever tasted, the main meals arrived I had steak (which was perfectly cooked to how I ordered) my husband had the lamb, side dishes were brought in of chips, potatoes, carrots, swede, cabbage and broccoli everything was just perfect, unfortunately we were to full to try the deserts but looking at other diners they did look delicious, We will definitely go back to this restaurant when we are back in Tenby. People who are saying it is overpriced - yes you can go into town and getting cheaper meals in bars but they are nothing compared to the service and quality of food you get here.

1  Thank Helen E

Reviewed 31 July 2014

5 business colleagues dined here earlier this week. It was not bad, just a bit weird. It reminded me (in a nice way) of Faulty Towers' dining room - very retro/1970's. The service was attentive and polite....but wrong....the lady dining with us was served last, the wine list was not in stock so the requested Chablis became a cheap Chilean Chardonnay, the wine glasses were those old fashioned mass produced thick glass 'things' that pubs use.....as I say it was not bad, it was just unusual. The food varied. I had a filet steak - it was OK, and I would not order it there again. The lamb chops and the rib eye (only one in stock, so I had the filet) looked superb and were the best choices on the table. The Sewin/Sea Trout was over-cooked and dry. The chips were mass produced and straight from the freezer. Given these inconsistencies, the meal was overpriced - £150 for five x two course meals and one bottle of low-end wine. I think we expected more as Carringtons have earned some good reviews. Not sure I would dine there again, and not really sure who their target audience is.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Nothing to dislike, it was very nice. We had a drink in the bar area to begin with and then we were taken through to our table. Very nice decor and music.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Food was excellent and service very good. Good choice on the menu and beautifully presented. Ate here twice and really enjoyed it.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

As we were staying at The Atlantic Hotel we booked into Carrington’s following good reviews on trip advisor
We were a party of 8 celebrating a 60th Birthday
The owner could not do enough for us to ensure we had a lovely evening.
The food was excellent, piping hot & nicely presented. We were offered extra veg etc if required
The prices are very reasonable for the excellent meal & service we received
We will definitely return if we visit Tenby again

2  Thank Tricia1CheshireUK