“Nice atmosphere, shame about the toilets!”
Review of The Buccaneer

The Buccaneer
Ranked #20 of 123 Restaurants in Tenby
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: Welsh
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2014

10 of us ate here last week, 6 adults and 4 children. The food was very good. I had rump steak and a baked potato, which was delicious, others in our group had the steak and ale pie, chicken curry, vegetarian bake and chicken burger, and there were no problems with the food, all very good and decent sized portions. Unfortunately i have to give a lower rating for the following reasons. Firstly, the toilets are much to be desired. Not the cleanest, and covered in graffiti. Not pleasant when you are about to eat. Secondly they had run out of various items from the children's menu, although they were very apologetic - they'd had a very busy day apparently. Also I had ordered a sirloin, but was served rump, but I was immediately offered either half my money back or a free sirloin in addition. I opted for money back, and as it turned out the rump was lovely. Nice pub grub in a friendly setting. Helpful and friendly staff.

Clean and refurbished toilets are a must for this pub!

1  Thank Lkl75

Reviewed 23 August 2014

popped in for lunch one day and then dinner another. Both times the service and food was great, would certainly go again. Looks a bit naff and was really busy when we called and a little put off. We stuck with it and both times it was great and really good value for money.
There is a large seating area at the back of the pub so take a look. You may be tempted top walk past as it gets really busy. The staff were great, turned the queues around quickly and the food came out with little delay and was really good..
Give it a go if you are in Tenby.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Loved this place. A fantastic menu, some great real ales and friendly service. Great for families with young children

Reviewed 22 August 2014

1. Toilets awful. Not particularly clean and so small and obviously hadn't been decorated for years there was so much graffiti
2. We ordered a pint of blonde beer. It was awful. No taste - in fact it tasted watered down. We spoke to a young, disinterested man who tasted it and said that there was nothing wrong with it. Maybe this beer was just awful but good customer service practice says that he should at least have offered an alternative.
3. Saying all that, the food was ok but I am now somewhat concerned about the cleanliness of the kitchens after seeing the toilets!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

My advice is to miss the lamb! Ate here last week during a very busy holiday time. I was looking forward to my first bit of Welsh lamb. We waited over 30mins after ordering & it came dry & well overcooked. I did not complain at the time as I didn't want to wait another 30mins. After eating I spoke to the kitchen staff. After being passed around by the staff the manager eventually gave me a refund. In fairness my husband's baked potato meal was OK & others in the restaurant seemed pleased with their meals.

1  Thank petalpower414