“Getting better all the time.”

Southport Pleasureland
Ranked #8 of 38 things to do in Southport
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With lots to see and do, rides to suit everyone and free entry, Southport Pleasureland is a fantastic day out for the whole family. Clean, bright and bursting with activities for the whole family, Southport’s premier leisure attraction is sure to bring fun and laughter to every visitor. In 2016 we have brand new rides to experience, new performances around the park by our resident actors and magician, a fabulous family amusement arcade, a brand new coffee area serving beautiful Illy coffee, fun and games on the stalls, gift shop, food and drink outlets and the park is totally free to enter!
Reviewed 14 June 2014

When the Thomoson family ran this park into the ground, moved the Traumatizer to Blackpool, it was all doom and gloom for this end of Southport. The new owners are now doing a great job at rejuvenating the park with lots of rides, mostly aimed at kiddies. I would say the park is better now than it was before it closed. We visited on 14/06/14, and the park was vibrant with lots of family's enjoying the rides on offer. Their are also food outlets for the usual seaside resort snacks, and all have a food hygiene rating of 5. I have no hesitation in recommending this pleasure park for family's.

Norman W, Owner at Southport Pleasureland, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

HI Brian T

It really is great to read your feedback. Thanks for taking the time to share it.

Most of all, I'm delighted that you had a good time, and that you can see the results of our efforts to reignite the Southport Pleasureland attraction.

We're constantly reviewing and investing in the park so I do hope you'll visit us again soon to see how things are developing.

Norman.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We always took our kids to Southport pleasureland years ago (they are in their 20's now) we were gutted when it closed down, when we heard it had reopened we took our 2 year old grandaughter out for the day and we were pleasantly surprised, there are loads for little ones and big ones to do, the place is clean and the staff are lovely, she absolutely loved it, As for you adults you MUST visit the traditional fish and chip shop i can honestly say that it was the best fish and chips we have had in years (they tasted like fish and chips used to) everything was really fresh and hot and the staff were friendly and efficient we are definitely planning a return.

2  Thank nipnop7
Norman W, Owner at Southport Pleasureland, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear NipNop7

How fantastic that you had such a great time when you visited us.

Thank you for sharing your experience, and for your specific feedback about the Fish and Chips. Glad you enjoyed them.

I hope to see you at the park again soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Wow Southport is a fantastic place to visit had a lovely day.Great restaurant, lots of thing to do it has changed for the better lots of new development we where very impressed. As an older couple now that our kids have grown up we decided to take a look at the new pleasure land it looks amazing! but unfortunately a member of staff which we found out is a Gardner by the name of MEL (no name tag) was an extremely rude man when we asked him what his name was he told us his name was Frank which led us to believe he had reason to give us false information because he had been rude to other people (spoilt our day!!!!)

3  Thank Helen W

Dear Helen W

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. Southport is indeed a great place to visit and your positive comments about the investments we've made in developing Southport Pleasureland are certainly most welcome.

We have worked particularly hard to continually improve our offer to visitors, including the overall look and feel of the park, and most importantly the safety of our customers and our staff.

I'm sorry about the mix up over names. Please be assured that our intention is never to offend anyone and I'm truly sorry if you felt there was any misunderstanding during your visit.

Safety though is our top priority and I understand that the exchange you're referring to was centred on our request that you refrain from riding bikes in the park. We ask that so that we can avoid any mishaps, especially as there are usually so many families with younger children enjoying the freedom of the park when we are open. It really helps us when people agree to our policies as soon as we've explained them, and so could I ask you to respect our guidelines the first time you are asked to in the future?

Of course, I am sure we can always find better ways to ask people to dismount and this is something we'll build into to our ongoing training investment.

I do hope to see at the park again soon, and thanks again for getting in touch.

All the best

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Really pleasantly surprised at what a fabulous day we had at pleasure land, they have really made an effort to smarten it up, took my 2.5 year old an she loved it, rides were brilliant an loads of differing things to go on, on the really young kids rides we could ride free, they let her go on the bigger ones with an adult which is brilliant because it's then up to the parent rather than a blanket ban because she is young, was very clean an the day was made by the amazing staff, so helpful, chatty, caring an went out their way to assist, really made the day. First time I've ever put a review on here which shows how impressed I was, such an improvement!!

2  Thank emmsiepoppet

Dear Emmsiepoppet

Wow! What fantastic feedback!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with others. I am delighted that you had such a good time and that we were able to create some special memories for you and your 2.5 year old.

I hope you'll visit us again soon - and thanks again for letting us know.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I took my grandaughter for a trip out we had a lovely day the ground was clean and tidy lots of rides and stalls to choose from great value for money my only downfall was the foul langue from staff serving the food this was disappointing. Overall not a bad day out

Dear Bettysmall55

Thank you for your positive comments about your visit.

I'm so sorry to hear about the bad language - that is certainly something that is not acceptable. I can assure that standards of behaviour are something we monitor very closely and so I will follow up immediately with the teams across all of our outlets.