All reviews tracy steve knickerbocker glory honesty bar fabulous hosts sewing kit fresh milk little extras our night stay excellent weekend bath street a wonderful stay breakfast was amazing an ideal location train station on arrival home from home stayed for nights
Reviewed 18 March 2018

The communal, dining and guest rooms delightful. Spotless in all areas. Room lovely, well presented, lovely towels, kettle and teabags etc provided. Radiator had individual thermostat which saves being cooked alive or frozen. Very central location with parking.

Room tip: We stayed in Victoria, 1st floor front facing. Lovely
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tony S, Owner at The Ambassador Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Thank you for your review Lynne & David. It will be useful for potential future guests. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes it can be a bit warm in the rooms, like yourselves, guests can control the heating.
Take care

Reviewed 8 March 2018

I stayed here the night before my wedding day with all my bridesmaids and family. We booked out the whole B&B and every single room was perfect. When we arrived there was a welcome message framed in the hallway (lovely personal touch). Both the owners were incredibly helpful both the evening and morning of my wedding. They saved me breakfast when i was busy getting my hair done and helped the florist with all the bouquets. I cannot fault anything from this hotel experience and I will definitely be staying here again for further anniversaries. I stayed at a different hotel the night of my wedding with my husband but couldn't wait to get back to the Ambassador in the morning to see my family and spend breakfast at this gorgeous place. (I wish i hadn't bothered with the other hotel) .

A wonderful experience and i can't thank them enough for making my wedding weekend so special.

(September 2016)

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2018

What a beautiful b/b , Cathy and Tony are great hosts,put you at your ease,right in the heart of Southport , town centre,beach and promadade with lord street afew steps away, the whole building is spotless and the breakfast is delicious and so filling , very knowledgeable of the area ,stayed in Southport a few times before in hotels but will return to this homely house again enjoyed my stay with my sister and both fell in love with it x

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thanks for review. Pleased you both enjoyed your stay with us and found the Ambassador 'homely' with a delicious breakfast. We look forward to your return visit.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 10 December 2017

Had a weekend break at the Ambassador could not have picked a better place,our room was beautiful and spotless had everything in you could hope for.Breakfast was delicious and a good choice of items you could have.A lovely relaxing place to stay kathie and tony made us feel so welcome thank you for a lovely weekend.

Room tip: We had room one on bottom floor perfect
Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tony S, Owner at The Ambassador Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. Much appreciated. We enjoyed your company Sheila + David and so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
Have an enjoyable Christmas and happy new year with your family & friends
Regards
Kathie + Tony

Reviewed 25 November 2017

Relaxing place to stay and we were instantly made to feel at home by the hosts. The rooms were really high quality with little extras dotted around the place. Definitely a big step up from your average B&B; extremely comfy and spotlessly clean. Parking is a bit limited in the immediate vicinity of the b&b, but this was a minor inconvenience. If we are ever in the area again i'd hope to get booked in here! would definitely recommend.
Thanks for a great stay!

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tony S, Owner at The Ambassador Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Thank you Alex for your review. Much appreciated. Yes parking is limited as with Southport as a whole. In the summer with do have Parking permits from April to end of September, which helps. Pleased you enjoyed your stay with us & look forward to future stay with us.