“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
England
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed for two nights in July in a standard double room. The check-in was fast and efficient. The room was of a very high standard and spotless. The breakfast was buffet style with plenty of hot and cold choices. We did not eat dinner in the hotel, so cannot comment.
All the staff were friendly and professional, nothing was too much trouble. The hotel is a credit to all the staff.

Room Tip: We were on the fifth floor and the views over the lake to the sea were very good.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gmramadaplaza, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Southport, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Many thanks for the great review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and that the staff in particular your comments regarding the staff, these are much appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Enda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (778)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We frequent this hotel on a regular basis. Sometimes popping in for coffee in the lounge or on the terrace overlooking the Lakeside Marina on sunny days. Also Sunday lunch is excellent value and a good selection of dishes are on the menu. We have celebrated our Ruby Wedding here and the staff were very obliging when we wanted to decorate the table with flowers and other little gifts. Lunch times we usually have sandwiches which are very reasonably priced and presented with a tasty salad. Every visit the staff are friendly and courteous and the atmosphere is comfortable and relaxing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, I am especially grateful as you are a regular visitor to the hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed yet another visit to the hotel and that you are able to recommend the hotel.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed at the Ramada on 28th - 30th June. This was our third visit to the Ramada and it was as excellent as in previous years. My husband asked for a room with a view of the lake beside the hotel and we were given room 515 which was great. We found the staff to be very efficient and helpful. We did not eat dinner at the hotel because we were visiting friends but did have breakfast which was fine. If you park in the underground car park the hotel charges £5 per night, but that is okay because the car would locked away safely. We will definitely stay at the Ramada again next summer for our annual trip. I like Southport because it has a slightly old fashioned in a nice way with tea rooms, something we do not have in Cardiff.

Room Tip: Ask for room number 515.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for the excellent review, I am delighted thanks you had such an enjoyable visit and could recommend the hotel.

I do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards

cheshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel has comfortable rooms and really friendly staff. I travelled with my 80 year old parents and we were looked after very well. We had dinner in the hotel one night and the food was absolutely delicious - much much better than I had expected from a chain hotel. The service was so friendly and at one point, there was clearly a delay for one of our courses and an extra sorbet course was sent out to us. We hadn't even complained! The rooms were well maintained and had everything in it that you might need. I had a promenade room with a nice view up the promenade. My parents had a twin room which was fine. Breakfast was plentiful and varied. I used the little fitness room which was fine for my needs with a treadmill, step machine and bike. I think there are more extensive facilities across the road at the fitness centre.

The hotel is well located with views out over the water and a couple of minutes walk from the shops. There is parking nearby if you cannot get into the hotel car park. We went to Formby and Crosby beaches which were within easy reach.

My only comments would be that on the Saturday night, there was really loud music from one of their function rooms until about 12.30am. I didn't mind as such as I was up watching England v Italy. However, I would expect to be advised in advance if there is a function that might disturb my sleep - I don't mind "Come on Eileen" but when it's loud enough for me to be able to feel the music let alone hear it, I prefer it if I can dance along to it! When I mentioned this to the receptionists the next day, the staff said their function was at another side of the hotel , in which case this is a problem from an adjoining property. Either way, if I had wanted to go to sleep at 10pm, I would have been very grumpy. Also, we had specifically asked if we could have a twin room for my parents when booking but that request did not seem to have made its way through - I couldn't select the particular bed configuration when booking so was aware this was not guaranteed. Fortunately, we could get one on arrival . That did not detract from our overall stay but you might want to ring up in advance to check.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for your comments regarding the hotel and in particular the staff, we are grateful for these and will pass these on to the staff.

It is great to get such positive feedback from genuine reviewers of the hotel and I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived for a meal with my fiance. We hadn't booked; however this wasn't a problem. Shown to a lovely table. Impeccable standards.Staff extremely efficient and attentive, but not annoyingly so. The food was lovely. I had the lamb cutlets which were delicious; my fiance had seabass. Fabulous night. Will return but will stay overnight next time. Even thinking about it as a seriously potential wedding venue for us; we enjoyed it that much :)

• Stayed July 2014
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Joanne S
Many thanks for the excellent review and feedback, I am delighted that you had such a pleasant experience in the hotel and that you particularly enjoyed the restaurant.

I do hope to welcome you back again soon as a staying guest.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Have just spent four days at the above hotel, my wife and I were very disappointed at the standard of the food. One night, cumberland sausage was on the menu, the sausages were the same ones served at breakfast not cumberland sausage, the mashed potatoes were lumpy and luke warm. The next evening steak pie and chips was offered up. The pie was unappetising, the pastry was soggy and the "chips" were like mashed potatoes shaped like chips and browned round the edges and were disgusting.
Thd soups one described as vegetable and other was supposed to be leek and potato, looked and tasted almost the same. The breakfasts, although plentyful were never hot and when my wife explained to a waitress that she couldn't eat the scrambled egg as it was too cold, she was unconcerned. As we were part of a coach party, we were made to feel inferior than other guests. What a shame that such a beautiful spotlessly clean hotel was let down so badly by the catering.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank George H
gmramadaplaza, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Southport, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to review your experience, I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations with the food offering and I am a little surprise to receive this feedback, I spoke personally with many members of the group on departure and received only positive comments, again if I did miss you on Friday I am sorry, I did try to catch as many guests as possible.

We are constantly evaluating our food offering and I will certainly take this feedback on board and discuss with the team from last week.

I am delighted that everything else was to your liking, and do hope you consider another trip with us shortly.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Had a fab week here in June.... Hotel & rooms very nice comfortable.
Staff very Friend Helpful & Nothing too much trouble.
Hotel has a beautiful Terrace overlooking Waterfront & Plaza.
Short walk into Town.... Lovely Place
Visited Antony Gormleys Another Place The Iron Men.... Well worth a visit to Crosby.
Also visited Liverpool Waterfront plus Museums so lovely & interesting.

Room Tip: We had a room on the third floor..... Lovely view over the Waterfront.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for this great review, I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of you visit to the hotel and the area. We are very lucky to be in an area of such rich culture and heritage.

I do hope you get to return again soon.

Regards