“2 night break”

Ramada Plaza Southport
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Southport
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Good hotel, great position 2 minutes from Lord St.
It was 28 degrees when we were there and the air con struggled to cope. However we moved rooms and it was better. Breakfast very busy but staff did a good job.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
gmramadaplaza, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Southport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for the great review, we enjoy all the feedback. look forward to seeing you again soon.

Enda

Write a ReviewReviews (3,172)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed at the hoteltwo weeks ago for one night as a one of break as we work 6 nights a week
the hotel and room was lovely . Check in was friendly and welcomming . We went down to dinner and was seated at 8.25 we ordered wine ehich they came to say they hadnt got. Then i was told the lamb I had ordered wasnt available but could have rack of lamb lovley my favourite but please pink we didnt get offered bread and the restaurant was not busy.. 2 hours later I got my lamb ...chops that had been boiled aghhh .we pointed this out to the waitress she took it back and saiidvit would be 40 mins when has rack of lamb been chops????? Anyway 20 mins later I finaly got my meal now 2 chopsvtogether ..but the icingnon the cake was my husbands strawberry cheesecake which was mouldy and the manager was a waste of time she wssnt intrrested even
though she did not charge us for our wine
breakfast was a good choice but wouldnt have ordered off the menu adcagain itvwas taking forever.so all in all a very lovley hotel with very poor organisation

1  Thank annabells

Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel, I am sorry that your were disappointed with your evening experience and we will certainly look to improve upon this.

I am pleased that you enjoyed other aspects of your stay and will look to replicate this.

Hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed overnight on a Saturday,there was a wedding reception on Friday night,guests still there when we arrived late morning,still plenty of room to have a coffee on the veranda outside which was very pleasant. When we checked in we booked a time for our evening meal was told the resteraunt would close for an hour due to another wedding reception,by the time we got our meal it was quite late, and the staff were rushed off there feet, would try this hotel again but I think midweek might be quieter, nice room 3rd floor overlooking the lake, and sea view .

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Many thanks for the review, we appreciate all the feedback that we receive and we are delighted you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel is in a good location and the rooms are spacious and well furnished.

Downsides:
- the room was too hot and the climate control fixed so could not be adjusted,
- the lifts are incredibly slow
- for the price breakfast should be included and not charged at £10 per person per day.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor facing the lake.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RobertTaylorLeeds

Thank you for your recent review, I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to the hotel.

We offer lots of different rate options including room only, bed and breakfast and dinner inclusive, perhaps on your next visit choosing an inclusive rate may suit your requirements.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here for a wedding that was in churchtown. It was the last room available, 2 double beds. There was my husband my baby daughter an me, plenty of room for travel cot an all our belongings. My daughter was 3 months old and it was her first hotel stay so I was worried about how she would sleep. She slept perfectly, thanks to the air con we could adjust to suit the baby and I could sleep well. We only stayed for 1 night but location was great, out of the way of too much noise but perfectly close to everything. Our view was of the lake which was lovely. Would Deffinately stay again here.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for your recent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I booked with 48hrs notice, and all was going swimmingly, good online process, great location with decent car parking. Check in was fine, the room key didn't work, but we were let in by a kind member of staff on the floor. We explored Southport as the hotel is nicely placed, so this is a plus point. However I was served a drink in a dirty glass, I was served the next drink in chipped glass and drinks arrived about 10 minutes after our first course was served..... I complained, and they comped me my £5 car park fee.

I think the hotel has a real opportunity to be exceptional - but the devil is in the detail and they don't seem to be focused on this area.

I also think that the beds are possibly the softest that I have ever slept in - this isn't good they don't give any support.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Many thanks for this review, I am please that you enjoyed the hotel generally and it is clear a little attention to detail is require and this will be remedied.

We are very proud with the reputation we have established and will work hard to improve upon this.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Excellent Hotel Highly Recommended Staff first Class..Friendly people and all the staff were very helpful.Would highly recommend this hotel to any traveler who would enjoy a great nights stay in Southport

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Many thanks for the review and recommendation, we really appreciate your views.

See you again soon.