“Great Location”

Ramada Plaza Southport
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Southport
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We have used this Hotel for a number of years when IDTA Inventive Dance takes place.The services offered by Management at this establishment have always been excellent.Staff have always been helpful Breakfasts fantastic choice-Rooms good size.We look forward to our next visit in 2015.

Room Tip: Ask when booking for South side
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
gmramadaplaza, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Southport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for the excellent review, we look forward to welcoming you back again next year.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Plaza Southport

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Room ok and hotel fine but let down by the restaurant! Steak and ale pie cold! Sent back twice and then a huge bone found in it. Staff not apologetic and the restaurant manageress simply ignored us. Very disappointing as have stayed in other Ramada hotels and normally enjoy the stay. Next time will look at other hotels which is a shame.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
gmramadaplaza, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Southport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel, I am sorry that your dining experience fell short of our usual standards which is unacceptable.

Please be assured that you comments will be addressed with the teams concerned.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stay in the ramada often when on business in the area. The hotel rooms are clean and modern and the staff are pleasant and friendly. In the last 2 weeks, I have been very disappointed and angry at the food service. Two weeks ago, in the height of the warm weather, I was told I couldnt have any hot food as the kitchen was too hot due to an extractor fan break down. I was told, you can have sandwiches, salad or go out for dinner !!!! All I wanted was a rare steak 3 minutes max to cook !!! Anyway, this week, I cant have steak because the gas hobs are not working, so they cant pan fry. There is a limited menu on offer - Lancashire hot pot, steak and Ale pie - just what you want on a warm summers evening !! also on the menu, pan fried chicken breast - hello thought you couldnt pan fry !!!! anyway for a kitchen as big and a hotel which is relatively new compared to some in the area, I think this is a poor show. I did complain at reception but duty manager Claire was less than interested, nothing I can do !!!! So a bit angry tonight with the overall service. I resorted to salad. The girl who brought me room service was pleasant. I think the restaurant waiting staff are nice but the kitchen needs sorting !!!!

Room Tip: The rooms are modern and clean. Good car parking facilities and great location for all local ameniti...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Donna,

Many thanks for leaving a review here on Tripadvisor we do value the feedback which we receive.

I am sorry that on these last 2 occasions we have not been able to offer a full dinner service, we have been exceptionally unlucky to suffer 2 separate and unrelated incidents that necessitated these temporary changes to be made. We have spared no expense or effort in trying to resolve these and we are equally as frustrated and disappointed as our guests at not been able to offer a full and normal service.

I am delighted that you enjoy the hotel facilities and the staff and I am confident that we can redeem the reputation of the restaurant in the very near future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

After touring the UK without booking accommodation we stayed a night at Ramada in Southport. Although we only stayed a night the service and room were fantastic and the location was perfect. Compared to other locations we stayed this place was great! Thank you!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank John B

Many thanks for this great review we really appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I loved this hotel. It's perfect location, right at the front. The food was good, the room was also a nice surprise.. The only downside is the lifts. They are slow so I would advise walking if your not too high a level.
Disappointed that we had to pay £5 for car park when we were guests of the hotel.

Room Tip: We had a good room with a nice sea view..... 412
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the great review, I am delighted that you enjoyed you visit and hope to welcome you back again soon.

the next time you book please contact the hotel direct and ask to join our rewards program and this will entitle you to many perks including free parking.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Great location, slow lifts, the room was however spacious and well appointed having been upgraded from our previuos room which we had booked (a technical difficulty with the room) but they had phoned me earlier in the day to tell me.
They also gave us a complimentary breakfast which was a nice touch, my only real gripe was the £5.00 parking fee, (the Vincent have valet parking).
Overall the staff and hotel was very pleasant and we would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you are blessed with good health,use the stairs!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Many thanks for the excellent review, I am delighted you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and that you will return again.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

As a Family we stayed for two nights in four double rooms.

Without exception everyone thought the hotel was great, all the staff that we encountered were polite and helpful, gave a warm helpful welcome to everyone when they arrived at various times.

Good parking beneath the hotel.

The only thing that let the hotel down was the slowness of the lifts.

But on the whole excellent and good value for money.

We are booked in at the Ramada in Berlin later in September, they will have to go somewhat to beat Southport

Room Tip: As always, be polite, it seems to work for me.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

I am delighted to read that the hotel and staff in particular played a small part in your son's special day. We love reading such glowing and positive feedback.

I am sure our colleagues in Berlin will look after you just as well.