“Southport a hidden gem”
Review of Bistro Bar Med

Bistro Bar Med
Ranked #3 of 373 Restaurants in Southport
Price range: US$20 - US$47
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Awarded Best Restaurant in Southport for the last 5 consecutive years by tripadvisor and 5 star rating on "scores on the doors" by Sefton council for the last 10 consecutive years.
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Since My wife an I visited bar med, we have become regular customers. The first thing is the warmest of greetings by Gino and staff. We felt at home. The menu was very straight forward with Gino going through it with us.
We must congratulate the Lisa and the kitchen staff for serving a fantastic meal which we received quickly.
We would also like to thank Steve who was our waiter entertaining us and making sure we had everything we needed.
We will without doubt be returning to bistro bar med on a regular basis just as we would visit a family member as this is the way we feel at bistro bar med, one big happy family. Many thanks

1  Thank Nile298

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Excellent meal. Staff very friendly, wonderful service. Tapas & sangria the best we've had outside Spain.

1  Thank LaHols
Reviewed 11 February 2012

My partner and myself went along to Bistro Bar Med on a Friday evening to celebrate my birthday and valentines in one. Above the door to the entrance it says- `Enter as strangers, leave as Friends` and that is exactly what we did, we felt very welcome and the service was excellent throughout the night. We found the restaurant on trip adviser, it had an excellent write up and this proved to be the case. The whole dining experience was fantastic, the food was amazing and beautifully presented. We would recommend Bistro Bar Med to anyone and we will definitely be going again! Thank you so much Gino, Steve and all the other staff. Peter and Kate.

2  Thank gimzo242
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I went to Bistro Bar Med last night with a friend and it was fantastic, the best tapas I have had by far anywhere. In other places I think the portion sizes of tapas are far to small but in Bar Med they were just right and absolutely delicious. I cant think of anything negative to say at all. The owner and staff are very welcoming and from the moment you walk in you feel like old friends. It's nice to know that there is still a restaurant in Southport that has a great atmosphere, and this place certainly has that. Oh and I love the authentic decor. I can't wait to go back again.

2  Thank Floss37
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I visited the restaurant first in December having read all the positive reviews on Tripadvisor. I was not disappointed. I booked for a party of 10 people for my parent's wedding anniversary and we all had a fanastic evening, so much so that my parents booked for the following evening and my husband and I returned in January (we live in Oxford!). Gino and Steve are great hosts and ensure that the service you receive is first class. The food is absolutely delicious and cooked to perfection. The menu is wide and varied and prices are very reasonable. I've eaten at many of the restaurants in Southport including Warehouse, The Vincent, Langs etc. and can honestly say that Bistrto Bar Med beats them all hands down. I definitely recommend and will be returning.

2  Thank NJB77