“Very Poor”

Price range: US$12 - US$53
Cuisines: British
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: This year we have welcomed a new Head Chef, and with him he has brought some fresh and new ideas to hit the ground running with a fresh new approach to our food offering. Concentrating on locally sourced produce from Peets Plaice for our fish, Kev Peet lives locally and goes out each morning to catch his fish. One of our dishes "Southport's Potted Shrimps" is created using his freshly caught shrimps. Forshaws supply our vegetables, we always have a "Soup of the day" usually using fresh seasonal vegetables. The new chef has designed his menu with an emphasis on freshly homemade, seasonal, locally sourced ingredients. As you would expect we cater for all dietary requirements and special requests. Don't fancy anything on our menu? Tell us what you do fancy, if the chef has the ingredients, he will cook them up for you. The Food & Beverage as a team recognised afternoon tea as being one of the most popular reasons our customers visit our lounge. With this in mind our Chef has introduced some new exciting and unique variations, "Kids Afternoon Tea" for our little guest's, smaller portions of the classic afternoon tea, served with cordials instead of tea. Or there's even a "Gentleman's Afternoon Tea" A macho treat comprising of pork pies, black pudding roll, mini cheeseburgers, monkey nuts, pork crackling, pickles salad and bottle of locally brewed Southport Beer.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Went here for lunch the other day but definitely wont be back. We thought that the RAMADA Brasserie would be a really nice place to have lunch but oh dear it was very average. The staff didn't appear to have been given much training the place was very empty and the food poor - come on RAMADA this is not good enough

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Modern restaurant with sufficient choices, three on each course, Staff very accommodating. Views across the lake, without outside seating after dinner, or comfortable lounge.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My partner and I decided to book a table here. We were reluctant at first with the brasserie being part of a hotel. But my partner wanted to see water!!
Booking was straight forward and the service friendly and professional. There was a choice of a la cart or a specials menu. Both serving sophisticated or traditional dishes. I went for the potted shrimps and the chicken wrapped in parma ham, both were excellent, and the portions were just right.
For those who enjoy wine there is also a good selection. My partner...sorry... we chose the rose. Which was actually very nice. But I'd always choose red given the choice.
But most importantly.... my partner was able to see water!!
Would recommend to anyone. Price reasonable too.
If I was to find fault, all I would say is. The down stairs entrance is rather uninviting, and could do with some inspiration.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed at the Ramada Hotel on a package which included meals. Because of equipment issues in the kitchen a limited menu was available. Waiting staff in this restaurant are excellent giving a friendly effective service. Everyone had a smile on their face. The food on the first night was very disappointing and I returned the risotto that I ordered which was full of congealed lumps of rice. The chef apologised but the dish should never have been sent out. I was apprehensive on the second night but I have to say that the meal I had especially the filet steak was very good. It was the same chef who was in charge!! The Ramada is a good hotel and it is a pity that my first visit to the marine brassiere was so poor. If I had not been on a 2 night stay I may not have returned.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

My husband and I have just eaten the best steak ever. We enjoyed the two course lunch which was excellent value. The food was superbly cooked and our desserts were delicious. Congratulations to the chef and to Maria and her staff who very attentive in the restaurant.We will certainly return very soon. Thank you.