Birkdale Guest House
  • Pool
US$123
US$118
  • Beachfront
The Talbot Hotel(Southport)(Great Value!)
US$95
The Bold Hotel(Southport)
US$176
US$163
  • Restaurant
Balmoral Lodge Hotel(Southport)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$66
US$147
US$131
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Southport Central Hotel(Southport)(Great Value!)
US$118
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Southport Hotel(Southport)(Great Value!)
US$84
Travelodge
All reviewsb bjohn and mariontop flooroff road parkingfull englisha lovely place to staydefinately stay againtwin roomvisiting southportbreakfast was amazingan enjoyable staystayed here for one nightfree wifilovely roomgreat hostsguesthouseretreat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night, rooms are very nice clean and comfortable , the owner was very friendly and helpful, she had thought of everything from the vegetarian option at breakfast down to a nice chocolate on the bed when we arrived. The rooms had a wide choice of tea coffee hot chocolate bottle of water etc , I could not fault anything about this guest house . Finally I'd like to say thank you to the owners .

Room Tip: We stayed in room 5 on the top floor and found the room very nice
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Birkdale87, Owner at Birkdale Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Thank you very much for your comments anf for taking the time to post them. We try hard to make our guest's stay as comfortable and enjoyable as we can so it's great to know when our efforts hit the s

Reviewed 21 October 2012

Very pleasant and accommodating even though I turned up with my brother a day earlier than expected (my fault). However they still found us a room which was very which was just right for us. The owners were very sociable and offered us an abundance of information as to where to go for food, both in Birkdale and Southport. We both opted to stay in Birkdale on both nights and enjoyed food in one of the pubs. The town centre on the Friday and Saturday nights was quite lively but in a laid back way, if that makes sense. Anyway, we enjoyed it and, given the chance, would return for another stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to post va review of your stay and please forgive this very late response. We have had a lot of maintainance wirk over the winter and this has caused a lot of disruption. Again thank you and we are pleased you enjoyed the Birkdale Guesthouse.

Reviewed 29 September 2012

I stayed at this lovely place the night before I got married and then with my husband on our wedding night. The owners were really helpful and accommodating from arranging to give my mum the keys in the morning while I was busy to providing my bridesmaids with breakfast when they arrived. They even let us use the lounge room as overflow for my family and bridesmaids as we were getting ready to go to the venue. The cooked breakfasts were absolutely gorgeous, fresh local ingredients and a variety of different choices. The room was beautiful with fresh flowers and spotlessly clean. A really comfortable friendly place to stay.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Have just returned from staying here for 2 nights as we were leaving our daughter to start university in Edge Hill (about 20 minutes away from the B&B).

We were warmly welcomed by John who showed us to our rooms (we had the top floor which had one double room on it & then across a small corridor a twin room which are daughter was in). The ensuite rooms were very clean, comfortable and had tea/coffee and biscuits. John recommended a number of local restaurants to get a bit to eat in - the nice thing was that they were all in walking distance of the B&B. So off we set & had a lovely meal in a place called Gastro (i think!). Really lovely meal, surroundings & very helpful staff - def worth a visit.

Our breakfasts on the two mornings were yum - full english if you wanted & other usual things on the menu.

We were really pleased we found this place - my hubby had initially tried sussing out hotels but I don't think we could have done as well, both price, welcome & rooms were all of a very good standard. Would happily recommend!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This was our second visit to this Guest House in Southport and have booked a third visit next September 2013.
The welcome is genuine and the beds comfortable. If you enjoy a full English breakfast then this is a treat. The black pudding is a Lancashire delicacy, tried to get Norwegian guests to try some but they missed out.
The Air show is one not to be missed in September and if you wait another 20 years you can visit Preston for the next Preston Guild. Honestly, so much going on, a weekend is not enough.

Room Tip: Room No 1 is designed for disabled people and lots of car parking at the Guest house
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends