“Excellent”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Southport, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Just had a meal - excellent service, excellent food and excellent value. Well worth a visit. Great choice of food. Had the chilli beef starter which was delicious

Southport, United Kingdom
“Fabulous place to dine”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I attended the restaurant last night with my mum to celebrate mums 80th.
There was live entertainement which was excellent and the food and attentive service was 1st class as always.My family and I regularly go here and we love it. I cant disagree more with the harsh comments by one reviewer re the arrabiata pasta dish as it is my favourite dish there and personally wouldnt want the recipe to change. Thanks Sal for another great night.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“LOST ITS WAY”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We have visited Salvatore's several times over the years, but our last two visits have been disappointed. Our last visit will regrettably probably be our last.
The lager was flat and cloudy, but to be fair to the owners they did change it and not charge us for it.
There is a great selection of dishes to choose from, however the food was not cooked to the standard that we have experienced here. It was obvious that the food was pre cooked and heated up because of the speed of service. For my main I had the salmon in prawn sauce served with rice, but the rice was overcooked and soggy.
The biggest disappointment to us was that the bill came to £67, when we paid with £70 cash we never received our change. We would have left a tip, however the fact that it was taken for granted that we didn't want change left us feeling well cheesed off.
We have made the decision that we will not be returning!

Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Food was delicious but the service was quite poor...”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

There are a few tables out on the street and as it was a nice day we decided to dine al fresco! It was quite busy as it was a Saturday lunch time so although the table was dirty and needed clearing, we decided to wait for service. After 10 minutes of nobody coming out to serve us I went inside to the bar and asked the man if we should order inside or if someone would come out. He said he didn't work there(??) and handed me two menus! A nice waitress then came over to me and said she'd come out to us.

The menu appeared basic (and some items were very unauthentic) but reasonably priced. We ordered a pasta dish and veggie pizza. The pasta dish was very tasty and the pizza was nice with lots of toppings.

We waited for someone to come and clear our plates as we'd planned to have dessert. After waiting for nearly 20 minutes I just went inside and paid for the bill. We had ice cream on the way home instead!

Doha, Qatar
“Overpriced and unauthentic”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I was excited to go here as it looked cosy and retro, but what a mistake. The owner is a lovely bubbly man and a great host so feel a bit guilty writing this, but the meal was absolutely disgusting. At £10 for an Arrabiata which tasted creamy (since when did a potent chili pasta dish have cream in?) and was filled with mushrooms and the rest of the menu similarly pricy for Italian food that you can get in a high class place round the corner for cheaper (we were starving when we got off the train so just went to the first place we saw that looked cheap, schoolgirl error), I felt completely ripped off after being there. The garlic bread looked like something you get in a downmarket pub on an estate and the rest of the menu didn't evoke images of a trattoria in Naples either, more the frozen food aisle at Aldi. so much potential but I left feeling sickly with a bad taste in my mouth.

2 Thank VindalooQueen11