“Just a quick coffee stop” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Salvatore's Ristorante

Salvatore's Ristorante
Ranked #25 of 352 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, British
Good for: Groups, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pattaya, Thailand
“Just a quick coffee stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Whilst visiting Southport we stopped here for coffee and were taken by the extensive menu and the friendly atmosphere & staff. Had I not per booked we would have loved to have lunch here.

• Visited June 2014

Bradford, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Food, Lovely Restaurant, Nice People”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We came to Southport for a weekend away for my wife's birthday, on the Sunday evening we went to Salvatore's Restaurant and what a great choice it turned out to be. Salvatore made us feel most welcome as soon as we walked in, the Restaurant decor is very attractive and the food was to die for, I said to my wife it was one of the best meals I've ever had, the starters were so tasty and my steak was cooked to perfection.
This was our first time at Salvatore's but wont be the last as we are coming back to Southport soon and Salvatore's is definitely the place where we are going to eat.
As for the one previous scathing review from "Audi Girl" I think she must have been somewhere else! as her review is so far off the mark, I am 61yrs old and in that time have eaten in thousands of Restaurants and like I have previously said this was one of the best meals I've every had.

• Visited June 2014
Preston, United Kingdom
“salvatores sensational”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and i called at Sals for dinner and had starter of garlic bread with cheese followed by lasagne with a side portion of chips then cappuccino ice cream and lattes to finish. As usual and expected the welcome from Sal and Camile was warm and friendly and the food lovely fresh and piping hot. Sals wife Sue stopped and had a lovely chat with us. Its always good to come here to eat or pop in for a coffee and anyone who comes is sure to find a welcome.
Many thanks we appreciate the extra mile you all go in making each time we come a pleasure and a real dining experience.
Love Martyn & Barbs

Visited May 2014
2 Thank MBsTwo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Not the poshest of restaurants but great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Four of us ate lunch here this week on a voucher. I was a bit put off by the plain decor and open plan layout but we were warmly welcomed by Sal. Lunch menu was a varied list of Pizzas and Pasta - the main types featured inc. veggie option. We had a pizza, spaghetti carbonara, tagliatelle alla crema and a seafood spaghetti that I forget the name of. All dishes arrived together, they were large, hot and tasty. There was plenty of seafood in the seafood dish. Overall I was surprised and will recommend the restaurant. House wine was OK for lunch. Coffee was good and strong but not bitter. Sal was an excellent example of a customer focused host - attentive, friendly entertaining but not OTT.

I see that another Tripadvisor had a very different lunchtime experience, which is a shame. Strangely I would say that there was no garlic in the food!!!!!

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Derek S
Wirral, United Kingdom
“Salvatore shameful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Called in here for lunch mid week and only wish now that we had walked past. There were 5 tables eating and no smell of garlic or authentic Italian food!!! After watching the food being prepared we understood why... all the food was stored in what looked like old ice cream tubs and warmed up. I had spaghetti bolognaise which was mushy bland and I had no idea what meat it was but think it was quorn!!! disgusting and a rip off at £9 - it was like a £1 meal from Iceland!!! Partner had a pizza again tasteless no flavour and no mozzarella. The hot and spicy chicken wings were appalling.. insipid limp and again no taste!! Probably one of the worst meals we have ever eaten. Did we complain nahh to be honest couldn't be bothered as everyone else's looked just as awful and I could see people pulling their faces at the food and we just wanted to get out of the place...so guess this is their norm for lunch time as many reviews on here good. Salvatore you should be ashamed you're food is dreadful!!! If I could have given zero rating I would have... will we be back? hell NO!!!!!

• Visited May 2014