“the scales dont work” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #103 of 353 Restaurants in Southport
Price range: US$13 - US$38
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Antonio Sebastianelli - Proprietor Tel 01704 536656
Brighouse, United Kingdom
“the scales dont work”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

had a meal here last Friday and it was well above average! the restaurant is small and has a very personal feel. the décor is dated, but its the food and service that's important. both of these were above average.

tony and his (I think ) partner both came over to chat and make sure everything was ok.

this is now where the scales don't work... both me and a friend ordered the 12 ounce steak which was well above 16 ounce in my opinion. I struggled with it and im a 19 stoner! it was delicious. salad was fresh with a tasty dressing, chips obviously home fried and tons of em. for starters we had whitebait - a first for me and enjoyable! we also had ribs which were also spot on. pizza and a chicken dish both of these top notch too.

all in all really enjoyed the food and service. as for quality and quantity neither could be faulted. out of 4 of us I don't think we had an empty plate. they gave us a doggie bag to take left overs home.

was an enjoyable evening so thanks tony i would try you again when in southport!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank noates121070

Formby, United Kingdom
“why did nobody tell me about this place?????”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Small family run restraunt chosen for a family birthday celebration.

I have eaten in, and liked, a lot of local Italian restaurants but this beats them all. We eat out a lot so the comments from all the family describing "this is the best....." was unusual. This covered pizza, lasagne and tiramisu (mother in laws favourite pud :D ) All authentic, fresh ingredients cooked on the premises and you can tell. the only drawback is struggling to walk afterwards with a full and happy tum.

I need no other Italian restraunt from here on in. This is a food lovers place, a small clean comfortable venue with friendly and very good service. I would recommend it to anyone and will be showing off by connoisseur credentials bringing friends here ;)

the music in the background was quiet enough to chat over and allow a little privacy but was not overpowering, parking ok after 6 (avoid Iceland car park you can get ticketed at all times of night)

above all this is a place for eating good food, you will not be disappointed!

1 Thank BadJellytheWitch
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“FANTASTIC FOOD & A WARM WELCOME !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Once again Tony and Jane have pulled off one of the Best Double Acts In the Restaurant Business !

Amazing food and a very welcoming atmosphere will await you.
We took some friends who had not been there before and they agreed that you just can't get better !

Try the Beef Strogonoff if you dare ?

It's the best I've ever had anywhere, even in Russia itself !

Keep up the good work.

Thanks !

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank southport76
“Door was open but turned away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Well After hearing so many good things about Tony's restaurant me and my fiance decided to give it a go On Sunday We arrived round about 9 o'clock The door was open so we walked in As we looked Down the restaurant there was a lady and a gentleman sat down watching TV down I asked for a table for two " he replyed were shut " I then stated your open till 11pm. He told me and my Fiance not tonight Well I left very Disappointed and upset So we went to the lings on kings next door were the Lady meet us at the door ( here is we're I stop with tony Review 1/10 you should not run a Business like this I'm sure is a nice man and his staff are good but this is my first impressions ( Hope he enjoyed this TV program) !!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Andyshee1979
jayhew, Manager at Tony's Italian Ristorante & Pizzeria, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
I do not understand why this review has been posted as it violates the Guidelines laid out by Trip Advisor themselves. How can you review a restaurant and give it one star for food when you have never eaten there? However, I feel that I must respond in order to put the record straight. The reviewer arrived at 9.45 on a Sunday evening. Tony said 'I'm sorry we're closed', which has been the standard response for over thirty years when we have to refuse customers. He has never used the word 'shut' as this is too final. There was no further dialogue. We are not open until 11 on a Sunday night and do not know where this information came from. I wholeheartedly agree that Ling, the hostess/owner from the restaurant next door is indeed a wonderful host and I am so glad that your evening was not ruined.
Preston,Lancashire
“Tony is back with true Italian style.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

New menu,new hip. Food etc back on the ball with true excellent Italian food. The new menu easier to deal with. It is what was a real Italian style restaurant. You really are made welcome. A true delight.

• Visited May 2014