“Excellent food and friendly service”

Crete Greek Taverna
Ranked #37 of 370 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Great evening out at a reasonable price. The buffet meal for 2+ is especially recommended. Friendly service from the Cretan owner and his great staff.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

A three course Greek meal for £11 from 5-7 pm. What's not to like!
We visited on two consecutive evenings during out three night stay in Southport.
The choice for both starters and main courses was excellent.
The food itself was superb and the service friendly and attentive. If only there had been a view of blue waters and a sandy beach from the window,
Still you can't have everything!
I'd recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys Greek food.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Ok we didn't book, it was rainy afternoon , restaurant half full. We waited for food 45 min or so, no one bother to offer another drink, and all starters looked and tasted like they came from supermarket packs. Tzatziki and humus and everything else was really very bland. If you ever tried proper Greek food you will be very disappointed. Every time when next dish arrived staff just had to mention how rush of their feet they are , not a word of appology, just made us feel like we taking their valuable space.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

After reading the reviews for this restaurant my wife and I decided to have a meal here as we were in Southport for our wedding anniversary,I have been to Greece many many times now over the past forty years,so I have in my opinion a bit of knowledge as to what was expected and it was not good.
From entering a virtually empty restaurant on a Friday night to leaving after our meal was forty five minutes which tells you something,the order was taken and a few minutes later the starter arrived, my wife had garlic mushrooms which were a joke plain mushrooms with a very weak sauce over (awful) I had the liver which was cooked too long it was on the side of becoming rubber and was dry, after the starters the plates were taken away and immediately the main meal was upon us we both had different meat meals I had stiffado which was very dry and not very tasty,my wife`s meal again was very dry she said taste it, which I did and it tasted just the same as my meal,Two very different meals both tasting the same,as for the chips they seemed to have been cooked and left standing for a while,we did not bother with desert as the whole meal experience was so poor,we got our bill which was not cheap for such a poor meal and service we did not leave a tip

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Loved the atmosphere & surroundings just like being in Greece. The starters, grilled cheese, spiced sausage & taziki with hot pitta bread were good. The slow-cooked lamb was good but my lamb cutlets were a bit tough. The Greek Rose was really nice.