“Great steakhouse”
Review of Forge Brasserie

Forge Brasserie
Ranked #28 of 368 Restaurants in Southport
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Tucked away on Southport's Queen Anne Street, the Forge Brasserie has built a reputation as one of the best steak and seafood restaurants in the northwest. The stylish interior extends over two floors with an open-plan kitchen where you can watch the chefs in action. Smart, efficient service and some good-value special deals. Open for lunch and dinner Monday through Saturday with room for private parties of up to 16 people
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We've had a wonderful visit to the Forge a couple of weeks ago. It was a Tuesday and I saw they're doing great steak evenings on Tuesdays which I immediately fancied, so I surprised my girlfriend after work and despite her meek protests about dressing up we ended up coming here. Despite that it's located in a darker alley next to a busier road, the place is great inside, reminds one of a Mediterranean tavern.
The menu looked a bit overbearing a bit as it looks like a thick book with all the theme night menus inside. Still, we ended up choosing two starters from the a'la carte section: Famous Forge Money Bags for me, Char-grilled Chicken Brochette for my girlfriend. My starter was a bit small but it was still pretty tasty. Hers was considerably bigger and still very tasty.
For mains we ended up both choosing steaks: I've had the Wellington steak, and she opted for the surf'n turf and we both desired the mains with dauphinoise potatoes. Oh boy, the Wellington was scrumptious, and the potatoes were wonderful as well. My girlfriend said hers is great too. We had a bottle of Argentine malbec with the main as well.
In the end we decided to indulge in some desserts as well: she preferred to have Knickerbocker glory with strawberry ice cream only and I had the cream brulee which again was marvelous. The bill came out as £75 which was very reasonable for what we've had. I'd definitely recommend it if someone in Southport is fancying steaks and we're definitely going to visit again.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I visit here every so often with my partner, we love it.
The food is always cooked perfectly and reasonably priced for the unbelievably high quality produce prepared.
I cannot give this place enough praise, the service is brilliant, staff are very lovely and there is a great choice of competitively priced wine and fizz.
The fish is always fresh and every element on the plate compliments everything wonderfully.
The management clearly know how to run a very successful business.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We had a wonderful dinner partyat the Forge.
This an excellant steak and seafood restaurant.
It had the best clam chowder i ever ate.Everyone enjoyed their meal and prices were not very expensive.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We returned to The Forge yesterday after an absence of a couple of years and after some poor reports of the food and service. I am delighted to report that it is back on form the food and the service were as before very good. The value of the lunch menu is brilliant value at £2.00 for garlic bread to share, which was delicious, £6.95 for roast pork dinner and £7.50 for the most beautifully cooked piece of halibut. These were served with delicious, hot, beautifully cooked, veg and potatoes. The service is good and the atmosphere warm. Well done!

1  Thank Linda W
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Fabulous food and great value. Very generous portions and very knowledgeable staff. Great find and well worth a visit