We stayed at this hotel for my birthday weekend 25/26th March and booked through Travelstyle as a self drive. Were a bit hesitant booking due to some bad reports on Trip Adviser and unfortunately they were well founded. We had room 220 which wasnt too bad decor wise and the furniture was quite nice but it was very dark and dismal due to the window facing a roof and side wall and had frosted glass which were absolutely filthy. It was horrible not being able to see even what the weather was doing. The bathroom had again a dirty old window frosted and was in need of some decorating but plenty of hot water available and nice white towels.
The evening meal was very poor (buffet style) with very little choice and the vegetables well over cooked and tasteless. Soup also tasteless but as all the other starters had been used and not replenished so we had soup. There was an hours free bar which was good but very limited on the selection that was free. We were Ok personally as the drinks we normally have were included but any bottled mixers you had to pay for.The two nights we stayed we hardly got to sleep until the early hours, despite going to bed about 10.30 - 11.00pm due to the noise from the function rooms and also people being very noisy late on up and down the corridor and banging doors. 3 Functions on whilst we were there and our room was right above one of the function rooms.
Breakfast was quite nice apart from the rock hard toast but selection was sufficient.
Some guests had problems parking as there was insufficient parking for the number of guests but we arrived early Friday and never used the car until check out. £2.00 a night charge for parking on the hotel car park which we thought a bit of a cheek,
We would not go back to this hotel and would not recommend it to anyone. Compare it with Travel Lodge and Travel Lodges would win hands down with us. At least you know what you are getting. and can see through the windows.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Prince of Wales Hotel in Southport is a beautiful reminder of our Victorian Heritage, an elegant building with landscaped gardens. Throughout the reception, lounge area and bedrooms, the decoration has been kept in keeping with the elegant and stylish character of the building. All 154 en-suite bedrooms of the Prince of Wales hotel have been tastefully designed to preserve the Victorian style of this Southport hotel. Many of the rooms overlook Lord Street, the main shopping and entertainment area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Britannia Prince of Wales - Southport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Prince Of Wales-Southport Hotel Southport
- Southport Prince Of Wales
- Hotel Prince Southport Wales
- Prince Wales Hotel Southport