We booked a weekend break on line at this hotel for the 23rd/ 24th June so we could take our Grandchildren to the seaside.We were told it would be an Executive room. When we arrived we were given room 307 it was cold and dismal not what we were expecting at all, the bathroom was huge with no radiator only a towel hot rail that did not work. I went downstairs to see the receptionist and asked for the radiators to be turned on she said," it works on the outside temperture if it isn't cold enough they won't come on," and we've turned the hot rails off because to many guests were burning themselves". When we came back from the beach we had a good look around both rooms and we found,damp patches on the ceiling, black marks on the walls and bed linen, tea or coffee stains down the wall,all windows were draughty with paint flaking off, one headboard was broken and two bedside cabinet drawers were also broken, chair uholstery was ripped, standard lamp not working,all furniture was knocked about, the shower made a screaming noise when used, and some filthy individual had wiped their nose down the wall where my grandaughter was sleeping.The second room where the children slept was a room on its own at some stage and had a door leading on to the corridor this door in my opinion is very insecure it is kept locked by a cheap aluminium bolt.Executive room this is not and a call to the hotel inspector is in order. This room is in need of a major overhaul we did not stop for the second night and went home. On the plus side Breakfast and Dinner were satisfactory. The lifts are a joke for such a big hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Prince of Wales Hotel in Southport is a beautiful reminder of our Victorian Heritage, an elegant building with landscaped gardens. Throughout the reception, lounge area and bedrooms, the decoration has been kept in keeping with the elegant and stylish character of the building. All 154 en-suite bedrooms of the Prince of Wales hotel have been tastefully designed to preserve the Victorian style of this Southport hotel. Many of the rooms overlook Lord Street, the main shopping and entertainment area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Britannia Prince of Wales - Southport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Prince Of Wales-Southport Hotel Southport
- Hotel Prince Southport Wales
- Southport Prince Of Wales
- Prince Wales Hotel Southport