This is a victorian hotel and the age reflects in the decor , could do with a spot of renovating,.
My partner paid the extra at the time of booking for an uprade , the room was spacious but not 100% clean , tea / coffee up the connecting door, wallpaper ripped in places , sofa had dirty marks /stains. now the view from our room 330 all i can say is i would keep the curtains shut as all you could see was the back yards of shops, pizza place , which was filthy looking, not a nice view at all.
However we thought we would stick it out as we were only booked in for 2 nights , about 11 pm i could here voices, it was a couple in the adjoining room , could hear everything they were saying, it was like they were in the room with us , this went on up untill 1am which woke my partner and he went down to reception to complain , not only was this couple loud but they were also smoking in their room which i could smell .
We were given another room 126 and moved straight away so we could get some sleep, we were upgraded yet again! , room was lovely and it was huge , same view from window though :( and yet again another connecting door !.
We came to our second night looking forward to a nice peaceful nights sleep and low and behold about 11 pm some guys came in to the connecting room and although they wasn't being rowdy we could hear all their golf conversation and their yawning etc , i had difficulty getting to sleep and then at 3am i heard this loud snoring, it wasn't my partner but the guys in the adjoining room , it was like the snoring was coming from the wardrobe .
I think you would be better not having an upgrade . something should really be done about these adjoing rooms .
The food was OK ish, toast was almost wafer thin , i didn't think there was much choice .
Staff were very friendly , the hotel is very well situated as in close to all good shops, bars and places to eat, about 10 mins walk to the pier
In the offer we booked we had , box of chocolate, bottle of wine and bowl of mouldy fruit on a arrival in our room
I would only stay here again if i had a front facing room that never had an adjoing room .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Prince of Wales Hotel in Southport is a beautiful reminder of our Victorian Heritage, an elegant building with landscaped gardens. Throughout the reception, lounge area and bedrooms, the decoration has been kept in keeping with the elegant and stylish character of the building. All 154 en-suite bedrooms of the Prince of Wales hotel have been tastefully designed to preserve the Victorian style of this Southport hotel. Many of the rooms overlook Lord Street, the main shopping and entertainment area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Britannia Prince of Wales - Southport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Prince Of Wales-Southport Hotel Southport
- Hotel Prince Southport Wales
- Southport Prince Of Wales
- Prince Wales Hotel Southport