Stayed here the weekend before Christmas, staff were most helpful at check-in and continued to be helpful throughout our stay.
The rooms themselves were very clean but needed a bit of TLC it is a shame as its such an iconic hotel in a prime position overlooking Lord St.
Breakfast was ok slightly dissapointed that there was no 'real coffee' available only sachets of non- descript coffee and tea bags on the table.
I am glad I had not paid the full rack rate for the hotel and breakfast as I would have been most annoyed . I believe that the hotel is currently undergoing refurbishments (the hallways had magnificent carpets ) and from reading other reviews maybe we had a room that had not yet received the treatment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Prince of Wales Hotel in Southport is a beautiful reminder of our Victorian Heritage, an elegant building with landscaped gardens. Throughout the reception, lounge area and bedrooms, the decoration has been kept in keeping with the elegant and stylish character of the building. All 154 en-suite bedrooms of the Prince of Wales hotel have been tastefully designed to preserve the Victorian style of this Southport hotel. Many of the rooms overlook Lord Street, the main shopping and entertainment area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Stayforlong S.L., getaroom.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Britannia Prince of Wales - Southport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Prince Of Wales-Southport Hotel Southport
- Southport Prince Of Wales
- Hotel Prince Southport Wales
- Prince Wales Hotel Southport