Britannia Prince of Wales - Southport
US$201
  • Restaurant
Balmoral Lodge Hotel(Southport)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$91
Agoda.com
US$87
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Southport Hotel(Southport)(Great Value!)
US$52
Travelodge
Waterford Hotel(Southport)
1,657 results
All reviewsnational holidayslarge bathroombar pricesshort breakgraham
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

This is quite possibly the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The corridors, including the pipes on display look like something out of a horror film. Rude staff (the rudest ever experienced) and the food was vile. Luckily I was out for drinks which meant I didn't have to stay long at this hotel but I can not stress enough about the staff. I felt like I was an inconvenience as they had to haul their conversation. Attitudes were repulsive, as was the manager. All in all, please stay at any other hotel or a shop doorway as this really is the pits!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Mike-Blackpool
Reviewed 19 April 2014

the hotel,needs updating but that would not have been a problem but the bar and waiting staff were surly and with attitude. Kept waiting at the bar whilst barman mopped the floor and surly when I was served, No Chardonnay at the ballroom bar and the barman refused to go and get some from one of the other bars. No apologies when the Pino Grigio was undrinkable. the food was less than average with me having to ask what the meat was, soggy roast pots and overcooked veg. Expect packet coffee and tea at the table with a insulated jug of water on the table which is put out at the beginning of breakfast so it was Luke warm by the time we went down for breakfast. Staff very unwilling to give us another hot jug of water. Jam, marmalade and butter all placed in large bowls left out throughout the session I don't like to think what happens to what is left over I would think it's very unhygienic. The promised entertainment was cancelled. The staff definitely need some training about customer service and realise that a genuine sorry can resolve a lot of problems.A thoroughly disappointing stay spoiled mainly by the awful bar and waiting staff. Never again.

Room Tip: Room 126 is a family room with two double beds away from the worst noise of the ballroom
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The pictures make it look wonderful, but it was rather shabby, there were not enough staff on reception or the bar, we ate across the road at Wetherspoons because other guests told us the service was slow and the food was "not good". Our bedroom was rather small and had pigeons cooing outside but the window was opaque and would not open. I did have a peek at the ballroom even though it was closed and it looked fantastic. I would have liked to attend a function there!

Room Tip: pay the extra for a view, otherwise it is like sleeping in an inside cabin.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed over 2 weekends while visiting family in Merseyside area. Saddened by the way it's lost the grandeur it once had, even from visiting it only 20yrs prior. The rooms were clean and tidy, bed not the best and old style tv. Disliked the 'bingo' posters and cheap signage of 'monthly offers' however this hotel offers fantastic value. Our second weekend we had upgraded superior rooms which were huge and a great filling buffet breakfast available. At 41quid per night it couldn't be smirked at.
My parents age lowered the average resident age both weekends, let alone my partner and I!!
Recommend for value and great location to enjoy sights of Southport and Merseyside :)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Should be advertised as a pensioners hotel.

Once you enter, it becomes apparent you have just entered Gods waiting room.

Hotel would have been a grand hotel years ago!

Reception staff pleasant. Waiting on staff miserable as sin.

Food edible but when it runs out it's tough luck.

It is suited to over 70's

I have stayed in a lot of hotels and have never felt so out of place as I did here.

If you have ever seen the film cocoon you will feel at home..

• Stayed: April 2014