This Hotel is in an excellent position on Lord Street. It is in need of some TLC but it is clean and the room was large and very quiet never heard anything when we were in there. Bar very good prices £1.90 for a pint of Tetleys which pleased my husband no end! We were on a Dinner bed and breakfast to be honest not the best food i have ever had and we were only there for four nights and some of the food was repeated? Only one vegetarian choice and as i am a veggie not very impressed also only one poor girl on trying to clear tables she never stopped all the time we were in there! Breakfast was ok not hot and again not much choice if you are a veggie unless of course you like beans!!!!!!!!! No freah fruit only tinned and i'm afraid the toast had been sitting there so cold and you could hardly call it toast! Even when it ran out and i asked for more it came out almost immediately but there was a tray full and it was already cold? There were signs everywhere inside and outside the hotel advertising Bingo when asked about this they said "oh we havent got a licence for it yet"? So why advertise it? The "entertainment" was the same guy sat in the entrance of the hotel singing along to backing music? Not impressed and i wouldnt call it entertainment. Would i saty there again yes i would but on a room only basis there are plenty of better places to eat but because of the position of the hotel i would stay there again but only to sleep and that would be it. Sorry but they need to improve this hotel and get more staff. The poor staff are rushed off their feet they never stop and the poor girl working in the restaurant one minute you will find her in the restaurant and the next she will be behind reception! Also at reception there is a "rope" which makes people form a queue BUT be aware the amount of people who tripped over this and almost ended up on the floor was unbelievable! It is a health and safety hazard i cant believe a member of staff has not suggested this is taken down just sit in recpetion when people are checking in and see what happens it is frightening!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Prince of Wales Hotel in Southport is a beautiful reminder of our Victorian Heritage, an elegant building with landscaped gardens. Throughout the reception, lounge area and bedrooms, the decoration has been kept in keeping with the elegant and stylish character of the building. All 154 en-suite bedrooms of the Prince of Wales hotel have been tastefully designed to preserve the Victorian style of this Southport hotel. Many of the rooms overlook Lord Street, the main shopping and entertainment area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Britannia Prince of Wales - Southport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Prince Of Wales-Southport Hotel Southport
- Hotel Prince Southport Wales
- Southport Prince Of Wales
- Prince Wales Hotel Southport