Britannia Prince of Wales - Southport
  • Restaurant
US$100
US$97
  • Restaurant
Balmoral Lodge Hotel(Southport)(Great Value!)
US$57
Baytrees Hotel(Southport)
US$92
US$94
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Southport Hotel(Southport)(Great Value!)
US$52
Travelodge
Waterford Hotel(Southport)
1,656 results
All reviewsnational holidayslarge bathroombar pricesshort breakgraham
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Just got back from a 3 night stay and I must say I was very very pleased with the hotel, not usual place for me to stay. The room was clean and tidy and met my needs. The food was excellent. The service from the staff was superb very helpful and always smiling. Having gone out each day returned to the hotel in the evening and all 3 nights included in house entertainment.overall fully enjoyed my stay and will return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gezmorrall
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a dance break. I have stayed here before and find that the location is ideal for access to most of all you need to get to in the town, walking distance to the beach and promenade and pier. It is right on Lord street and walking distance to the station,
The food is plentifull and a good choice, its clean and the staff are pleasant and helpfull.The room I had was on the lower floor but these are spa rooms and are really lovely and of a good size so don't be put off.
I have already booked a return stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Just returned after spending 4 nights there with quite a large group. Really enjoyed it, food good, nothing wrong with the rooms, all the staff very friendly & helpful, bar prices very reasonable. Would definitely return.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Geoff E
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Attended the prince of Wales hotel as part of our union conference. Hotel ok bit dated in places,staff pleasant and helpful. Good choice of food it is self service no real queues though. Bar prices very reasonable. I can only write about our room it was ok bit dated bed bit uncomfortable
but some of our delegates weren't happy with there rooms. Bit tight with the tea and coffee and milk in rooms. But overall a pleasant stay

Room Tip: Ask not to have one without windows
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LiverpoolSami
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Although we now live in Derbyshire, I was born in Lancashire and like to go back there at least once a year. This year, we thought we'd give Southport a try. Nothing wrong with the resort but perhaps the Prince of Wales hotel was a mistake. The once-splendid Prince of Wales was shabby and careworn in obvious need of TLC. Our room was pleasantly furnished and quite large but the 'double bed' consisted of two singles pushed together and out of sync with the headboards which were crooked, as were the pictures. One of the mattresses was relatively comfortable but the other had the springs poking through it. My husband, bless him, offered to swap sides and said it was like sleeping on a pile of coal. I left a complaint about that so hopefully the mattress will be replaced for future guests. The staff were quite helpful, if a little distant. We only had bed and breakfast but have no complaints whatsoever about the quality of food served at breakfast. The dining room staff were helpful and quite efficient. Despite its faded grandeur, we shan't be staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple