Excellent position on Lord Street.
A lovely Victorian building with lots of character (a lovely coal fire roaring in the foyer during the winter months). There are plenty of comfortable chairs and a calm ambience, suited to reading or quiet conversation.The ballroom is a wonderful room with domed glass ceiling.
The bedrooms are a reasonable size, but a little tired. They really do need to be brought into the 21st century.
The dining room is hot, the tables quite small for 4 and the staff are rushed off their feet. The buffet is a little chaotic as the food is not in a logical order. The food is average.
The reception staff were polite and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Prince of Wales Hotel in Southport is a beautiful reminder of our Victorian Heritage, an elegant building with landscaped gardens. Throughout the reception, lounge area and bedrooms, the decoration has been kept in keeping with the elegant and stylish character of the building. All 154 en-suite bedrooms of the Prince of Wales hotel have been tastefully designed to preserve the Victorian style of this Southport hotel. Many of the rooms overlook Lord Street, the main shopping and entertainment area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Britannia Prince of Wales - Southport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Prince Of Wales-Southport Hotel Southport
- Hotel Prince Southport Wales
- Southport Prince Of Wales
- Prince Wales Hotel Southport