We just returned from 2 night stay.Honestly this is probably one of the poorest uk hotels we have stayed in.The place needs a facelift both the public spaces and bedrooms are shabby.The restaurant was dire,we had booked dinner,bed and breakfast but honestly wished we hadn't.The food was awful at dinner,cold undercooked and in the case of desserts absent they had all gone there was just a vat of warm watery custard left! Breakfast was better but not much.We had booked an executive room which was large,clean and bright but had an interconnecting door through which we could hear every word from next door.Also above us when people walked about we were subjected to creaking floorboards.Altogether we will not be staying here again even though it is in a good position on Lord st.Britannia Hotels need to update this shabby hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Prince of Wales Hotel in Southport is a beautiful reminder of our Victorian Heritage, an elegant building with landscaped gardens. Throughout the reception, lounge area and bedrooms, the decoration has been kept in keeping with the elegant and stylish character of the building. All 154 en-suite bedrooms of the Prince of Wales hotel have been tastefully designed to preserve the Victorian style of this Southport hotel. Many of the rooms overlook Lord Street, the main shopping and entertainment area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Britannia Prince of Wales - Southport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Prince Of Wales-Southport Hotel Southport
- Hotel Prince Southport Wales
- Southport Prince Of Wales
- Prince Wales Hotel Southport