We recently booked a short break at the Prince of Wales and found it in desperate need of modernisation. We booked an executive family room and We were given a room on the 3rd floor which we found depressing and cold ,we requested a change of room and were given room 329 as an alternative which was very cold and damp with no central heating in the room in Febuary! There was no alternative room so we got a refund and came home a 200 mile round trip! The hotel is very old, cold and damp smelling rooms, it needs bringing into this century. The car park was ok if you own a very small car otherwise it was a struggle to get into the spaces as they were very tight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Prince of Wales Hotel in Southport is a beautiful reminder of our Victorian Heritage, an elegant building with landscaped gardens. Throughout the reception, lounge area and bedrooms, the decoration has been kept in keeping with the elegant and stylish character of the building. All 154 en-suite bedrooms of the Prince of Wales hotel have been tastefully designed to preserve the Victorian style of this Southport hotel. Many of the rooms overlook Lord Street, the main shopping and entertainment area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Britannia Prince of Wales - Southport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Prince Of Wales-Southport Hotel Southport
- Hotel Prince Southport Wales
- Southport Prince Of Wales
- Prince Wales Hotel Southport