Best Western Southport Seafront Royal Clifton Hotel & Spa
  • Restaurant
US$101
US$98
  • Restaurant
Balmoral Lodge Hotel(Southport)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$52
Orbitz.com
Travelodge Southport Hotel(Southport)(Great Value!)
US$53
Travelodge
The Talbot Hotel(Southport)
Travelocity
1,859 results
All reviewsconservatory barpromenade viewfront facingspa facilitiessuperior roomsteam roomevening mealbit datedbreakfast was buffet stylelarge roomwedding receptionshort breaksea frontself servicenight breakfull englishlord street
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Arrived the staff are friendly and helpful. Very old world, which is ok.
The room was difficult to get into as the door was sticking on the skirting board and actually moving it off the wall! The bathroom I can only describe as something I used to see in the 1970s sitcoms, like On the Buses or Terry and June. Why have such garish colours, peach I can only describe it as and a worn out peach at that. Sorry hotel bathrooms like that died out in most hotels in the 1990's. The furniture was in a similar state of antiquity, and the marks on the walls showed a lack of care and maintenance.
The bed was comfortable enough, but too many cushions placed on it. Pet hate of mine cushions on beds, they are surplus to requirement.
Good points a good view right over the sea and up to Blackpool.
Staff were friendly unlike some hotels I stay in.
I guess its popular with certain people, but it certainly didn't shine in my opinion,

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I read a lot of the reviews before booking this hotel and I am so glad I took no notice of the negative ones. I enjoyed my stay very much and only wish I was there longer I will certainly go back.I had my hair done while I was there and it turned out brilliant nothing was too much trouble for Nicky she was so friendly, thank you Nicky, I also had a neck, shoulder and back massage by Abbey again this was done in a professional, friendly atmosphere.Our room was very spacious and comfortable, all the staff were friendly and very helpful, my husband and I had mobility scooters and we were allowed into the hotel to charge them at night this again was no problem.All in all it was a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: 222 excellent view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank madden128
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The reception staff made us feel most welcome and were very friendly.We had located a good parking space and were allocated a nice spacious room on the first floor.After unpacking we had a look around the hotel facilities and were most impressed with the general ambience and felt immediately that we were going to enjoy our stay.
The hotel is located in an excellent position.Lovely views from the front and just around the corner to the famous shopping area.We walked along the promenade.past the beautiful lake and on to the pier then steadily back to the hotel where in the evening we enjoyed an excellent dinner which was well prepared and served by efficient.friendly staff who ensured that everything was to our satisfaction.A drink in the reasonably priced bar afterwards then back to our comfortable room where we spent a sound undisturbed nights sleep.
Next morning we enjoyed a good breakfast with everything available to suit all tastes and again,plenty of friendly staff around..
Unfortunately our stay was only for two nights but we really enjoyed everything the hotel had to offer.It was clean,friendly and comfortable .I would recommend it to anyone and I look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: We were in room 108 which is a spacious corner room with pleasant views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Goron58
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Very pleasant stay. Hotel is well located. We stayed in a superior room which was worth the extra money. Lovely view. Dinner in the restaurant was excellent and good value for money. Personnel were extremely helpful and pleasant. Would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family