Scarisbrick Hotel Southport
US$99
US$70
  • Pool
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$87/night.

Baytrees Hotel(Southport)
US$105
US$89
US$156
US$100
  • Restaurant
Balmoral Lodge Hotel(Southport)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$73
US$214
US$166
Priceline
  • Beachfront
Aaron Guest House(Southport)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$116
US$96
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge Southport Hotel(Southport)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$58
Travelodge
1,896 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We booked here for three nights. We arrived at 1pm and was sternly told no rooms available until 3pm. Check out time is 10 am so it takes five hours to get a room ready. I enquired if we could shower and leave our cases due to our imminent trip to Haydock Park races. I was abruptly told there "is no rooms for this!"
Following a quick tour of the bars on the ground floor and the cocktail bar on the first floor, coupled with the bad hospitality of the staff, we cancelled our booking.
The hotel could do with a deep clean and better trained reception staff

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PaulB27August
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Decent enough stayed in a twin on the 3rd floor very quiet it was mid week so no night club music! Staff were friendly and helpful. Car parking is dodgy however you can park at a hotel 2mins away in a secure car park for 4 a day. Breakfast was uninspiring but edible with the exception of the sausages which are awful please Scarisbrick source normal sausages! The rooms are a tad on the small side and definitely need an update but they are adequate and clean.

2  Thank Paul&Kaz
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My room (a double, charged as single, sale rate) was at the top of the hotel. It was comfortable, clean, and the bathroom (with bath) looked to be recently refurbished. Everything worked well, and plenty of drawers etc. I could actually see the sea, inasmuch as anybody can see it in Southport! So no complaints there. The public areas are comfortable, well-worn but in good order, traditional old seaside hotel decor. Breakfast was OK and the restaurant is pleasant enough. I also used the Health Club gym, which was well equipped and doesn't cost much to go in.

That's not to say there aren't a few drawbacks - the car park is tiny, but isn't as difficult to access as some people say; there is a direct entrance from the street behind the hotel. Don't go looking for "boutique" style - there isn't any. The first things you see at the front are an amusement arcade and a rather gaudy "Sports" style bar. (But the drinks are cheap enough!) As it's used a lot by coach parties, it's a very busy place, and not quiet, but I prefer somewhere with a bit of life, if I'm on my own. Although I had to queue up to get into breakfast, because there were so many people. And it's not ideal if you don't like stairs; there's only one lift, its slow, it only takes about 6 people, and there might be 20 people wanting to use it........... but anyway, I needed the exercise!

OK, it might not suit some people. But it suited me - it's in a great location, it's good value, and it "does what it says on the tin!"

Room Tip: Avoid the higher floors (2 and 3) if you don't like stairs! (The lift isn't brilliant.)
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I cannot emphasise enough how disgusting we found this place to be .we travelled for business and one party had alternative b &b but we booked this hotel . Upon arrival the car parks ( if I can call them that .. I would not have left my car there ) were full .. we pulled up outside and went to reception and asked if it was ok to park there and just got a shrug . Milling about the front doors were a number of drunks and people arguing and a very strong smell of cannabis ( nightclub / disco in the hotel in full swing ) . Receptionist finally came , very uninterested , handed keycard , told us room number and that was our welcome . We found the room .. it was disgusting! Filthy curtains hanging off the tracks that did not shut properly , questionably clean bedding poor quality, threadbare furniture , disgusting carpet that just needed burning, grubby bathroom and the most hideous picture on the wall like something out of a haunted house overlooking the bed ( photo attached ) ... and the noise was unbearable from the nightclub . There was no way we would sleep there . We went to try and locate alternative accommodation but all full or closed ( after 10.30 pm by this time ) We actually slept in the car ! Have never done this before but the room was just awful and sleep would have been impossible . I’m not one for complaining but this is a place I think should not be allowed to run in this condition .

5  Thank Darren B
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My room on the second floorappeared to have been refurbished during the blitz. Furniture was falling apart the carpet was threadbare. If you want a wafer for a pillow then this is the hotel for you! I could not believe people would actually eat in this establishment after seeing the rooms. The only redeeming feature of the hotel was the pub attached which served real ale for £2.10 A pint. I found if you drunk at least ten pints of it and put a blindfold on the room became more appealing to sleep in. Stay here as an absolute last resort....

2  Thank Joe D