“pleasant walks”

Southport Marine Lake
Ranked #2 of 38 things to do in Southport
Reviewed 23 June 2014

the gardens around the marina are fairly well maintained, however there was litter everywhere that had even gone into the water, so much so that it was all around the edge and the beautiful swans and ducks were swimming and nesting amongst it!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

There was lots to do for young families with meals and entertainment which was very good there was not anything to dislike here a most enjoyable time for us

1  Thank william t
Reviewed 31 May 2014

loverly day out with loverly sites to see nice and clean will be coming back to southport.plus got swan boats where you can hire them out.

1  Thank donna j
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Took the kids down to the marina at Southport Bank Hol Mon. Weather was perfect and it wasnt too busy.
We took them on the jet boat which to be honest was a little over priced at £19 for the 4 of us. However, IT WAS WORTH EVERY PENNY. The speed and the thrill was fantastic and the smiles on all our faces was priceless.
I didnt want to get off it but unfortunately my purse told me otherwise. I would have sat in it all day if i could
The overall marina area is lovely. Its clean and well looked after. There are a few snack areas and one has a "club" singer entertaining who ever wants to listen. Not me though as he was terrible lol but the oldies seemed to be swaying in time with the music.
There is a fairly new adventure type park on the marina which was full of happy children including my own getting up to mischief and exploring what it had to offer. Its a very pleasurable walk with boats and water walkers to try.
The overall experience was fanatstic and as the sun came out to play with us I couldn't complain about anything.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

In general the marina has lots of entertainment for the whole family. Boat hire, crazy golf, adventure playgrounds, model railway, amusements etc. The café with the outside singer is looking rather tired. The café itself is very untidy and at the weekend the very unfriendly barman poured half a pint of slops into my glass. When I said I wasn't drinking that he gave me a look of disgust and said 'next'. I would never visit this tacky, dirty place again. Overall the marina is a lovely place to take the family but steer clear of the café. There are much nicer, cleaner and friendlier cafes in Southport.