“Fab!”

Ranked #115 of 381 Restaurants in Southport
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I have visited chiquito restaurants before so knew what to expect. Love Mexican food so have alsays loved this place. It was the first time I had taken my son and i was pleased with the variety on the childrens menu. There were sombreo's at each table which my son and partner enjoyed wearing. Lovely food, lovely atmosphere. Would recommend.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Got to say the food was poor, stodgy and not value for money
Service was friendly enough but was very quiet and still took too long for the food to arrive
Avoid if you want fresh food

1  Thank P G
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I have to say, I was so, so, so impressed with the helpfulness at this place. My daughter has very recently been diagnosed with coeliac disease and the staff (manager and waitress) could not do enough for us. Not only that, she received the same STAR treatment the previous Saturday when visiting with friends (which is what made us return!) so thank you Chiquito...EPIC :)

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

A great little restaurant with polite, helpful staff. My husband and I shared a garlic bread with cheese which was awesome and had a main course each: double philly stack burger for him and fajihitas for me. Both of which were great. Both had a couple of alcoholic drinks and bill was around £60 so not cheap but worth it. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Went to try Mexican as something different from our usual Italian, etc.

Was't really my cup of tea as everything I ordered came with tortillas. If I have them with my starter I don't want them again with my main course. The chilli main course was interesting, chilli wasn't hot enough for me, didn't have any kidney beans and was pretty bland.

However, the service was excellent and the staff very pleasant.

I'd probably go again but would try something different. At the end of the day it's a chain, it's never going to be Michelin starred but it's cheap and you get what you pay for.