“Great Pub & Atmosphere”

Ranked #12 of 369 Restaurants in Southport
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Have ate here and drank here many times.
Menu is well varied and also caters for children and special priced lunches for pensioners.
Staff are very helpful, cheerful and happy, which helps with creating a good atmosphere.
Started going back here after the new owners arrived, all changes here for the better.
Smokers decked area with heaters and lights along with outside table and chairs., is a sun trap when we do eventually get some sunshine......
Quiz nights although not my cup of tea,are well ran and very well followed, these are on Thursdays and I think Sundays.
Plenty of sporting events on TV 's .... all in all excellent place...
Plenty of secure parking outside.

Reviewed 1 February 2012

This pub has been run down for some years and has recently been taken over and is now a fantastic little place with great atmosphere! I have eaten there several times and never had a bad meal, it is very cheap as well! The staff are always very helpfull and happy! Fantastic local pub, with great food!

Reviewed 22 January 2012

We live around the corner from The Fish. It used to be an 'old man's' pub but has been taken over in the last 2 years and now attracts the local quite trendy crowd, as well as a 'swift pint on the way home' type of place.
The food is very reasonably priced and of a good quality on the whole. The drinks are also at a normal price.
I only gave 3 stars for service because although efficient, they are quite happy for you to eat off a sticky table and often are not fast removing empty glasses.
There is karaoke once a month and they also have football on Sky for the big matches.
Great for dropping in for tea and no problem with kids being allowed.
We will no doubt be frequenting The Fish many times this year.
I was the member who requested that this pub should be added to Trip Advisor.

1  Thank J3KTN
Reviewed 12 January 2012

It was somewhere I had always past and fancied going for dinner. I expected the usual "pubgrub" type place but as we walked in it was full of blokes watching footy who seemed to all look at us in disapointment as we brought our kids in with us for a meal... Food was ok, in my opinion, it seemed to be a case of "lets fry everything"... I wouldn't go back but iv eaten in worse places.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

Went here recently with friends,Its a Pub not a restaurant, The food choice is a bit limited but think pub food you dont get a big choice, Theres a good atmosphear we went on a sat night and wasnt to busy,We all had a 3 course meal which was served by very friendly staff! Didnt wait to long for our order and really enjoyed are meal and got to say Very Cheap Prices! I had 3 courses and it only came to £11.00!! The drinks are really cheap as well,On the whole we really enjoyed are meal and most of us said we would go back,They have a smoking area out side with heating and seats

1  Thank jasminMerseyside