“Great Lunch”

The Fishermens Rest
Ranked #11 of 357 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Southport UK
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Came with friends for lunch.
I had the ham eggs and chips.
Very nice.Good portion , 2 fried eggs.
Friends had fish finger nutty.
Huge ,two slices of white bread with fried fish
on top.Very tasty.
Friendly service good atmosphere .
Nice Lunch

• Visited May 2014

Bowness-on-Windermere, United Kingdom
“Fantastic pub, great food”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We loved this pub, it was friendly, good looking, clean and had an excellent choice of drinks and great food at amazingly reasonable prices (main course £8 or less, litebite meals £4.95, southport shrimps). Very close to ainsdale beach and dunes absolute must if your in southport.

Visited April 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If I was a fisherman I wud deffo rest here...”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I had been told by a few people how good the fisherman's rest was so I thought it was about time I tried it for myself. And I wasn't disappointed in anyway what so ever.. fantastic food service and very clean. I booked a table for my parents the weekend after I had been and they also enjoyed their experience of the fisherman's rest. Deffo goin again.

Southport, United Kingdom
“Food lovely and Mark and Helen gave excellent service”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I can't understand the poor reviews for the food and service at the Fish. The place is always packed - lunch and evening. I have been going a couple of times a month for about 2 years and you can't beat these prices for the food and the service you get here.
I went in for a sandwich on Thursday and the ham was an inch thick. salad lovely and there were chips too.
Jon's steak and ale pie is so tasty that I always look forward to another visit. I have tried most of the meals and never faulted one of them.
Margaret

Stockport, United Kingdom
“Good value lunch”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We called in for a quick lunch before going on to a family gathering in the afternoon. It was a sunny day and the car park was nearly full. Many tables were reserved but we found an empty one easily. We expected a wait but our order was served quickly, and was substantial, hot & tasty.

Good selection of beers and friendly efficient staff.