“super little gem of a theatre”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Southport Little Theatre
Ranked #15 of 35 things to do in Southport
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“super little gem of a theatre”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

lovely little theatre, varied range of shows to suit all tastes the shows are all well produced good sets well acted can,t wait for next visit

Visited May 2014
2 Thank jillyccc

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Oh yes it is!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is a gorgeous little theatre with a very reasonably priced bar. I visited the Pantomime in 2013 with my family and it was grand for us all - my three kids ranging from 4-13 were enthralled and even my husband and I found lots of laughs.

The theatre is the right size for a decent audience to participate but intimate enough that there are no bad seats.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank RogueWren
United Kingdom
113 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“football reminisence”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We went to the Shankly evening.Excellent. I just went to keep my husband company as the friend he was going to go with was ill, I thought I would be board stiff . There were 4 footballers answering questions and telling funny stories . The theatre is small but beautifully formed ,cosy i would say. I really good night to be by all

Visited November 2013
1 Thank lynne l
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Top class acts”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

As a regular subscriber at the Southport Dramatic Cub I think that the plays and comedies that they perform are of the highest standard for an amateur society. Many of the performances that I have seen couldn't have been more enjoyable if I'd seen them on the London stage. We're very lucky to have them in our local town. The theatre itself is a very cosy, intimate place with a large café area and a smart little bar downstairs.

Visited March 2014
Burscough, United Kingdom
288 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 254 helpful votes
“Fantastic little theatre”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I have been to a number of productions here over the years and they have all been excellent.

The annual pantos are far superior to any of the multi-million pound 'celebrity' ones staged at larger theatres and throughout the year they put on a range of performances to appeal to a wide audience. Earlier this year I went to 'Murdered to Death', a deliciously funny spoof whodunnit and last night I saw 'The Railway Children' an outstanding youth theatre production.

The theatre itself is small and intimate, so you get a good view wherever you sit. The bar is open before performances and at the interval and serves a range of reasonably priced soft drinks and snacks.

If you park at the NCP car park behind the station, you can also get a voucher from the box office to reduce the cost of parking.

The only slight criticism is that it is not possible to book tickets online, but actually, the old fashioned service is also part of the charm.

Visited March 2014