“Exemplary food, fantastic atmosphere, awesome steak!”
Review of Villaggio Cucina

Villaggio Cucina
Ranked #32 of 378 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I've eaten steak all over the world, the fillet steak was the best I've ever had, absolutely top class. Friendly efficient staff, the Saturday night atmosphere was fabulous. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I have visited this restaurant on two occasions over the last few weeks. On both occasions i have been disappointed. Service was spasmodic too many staff asking the same questions three waitress's asked for our order! There does not seem to be a particular waiter/waitress covering a particular area they are all over the place. This resulted in a mix up with our order and a delay waiting for our drinks. Staff did not appear concerned when this happened.
Food was average did not like dipping breads although freshly made was more like cake. Pasta was nice lasagne was dry salad was nice. On any of the occasions I did not try any meat dishes thought the steak was expensive.
Pity I did not enjoy as it is a lovely restaurant with a nice atmosphere, I doubt I will return mainly due to poor customer service and average food better places to eat in Southport and surrounding area..

2  Thank J&S25yrs
Reviewed 9 August 2014

visited this week for about the tenth time. great variety on the menu, something to suit any occasion from the best blue cheese and pear salad I`ve had, to a more substantial excellent sea bream. Staff are friendly and courteous and seem to take a pride in the establishment. will be returning soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Although we live in Chester Birkdale is my husband's home town so we like to show our friends how great the village is becoming for food and drink, and this was our first dining experience, we have previously enjoyed lunch here. We arrived without reservations on a busy Friday evening and were shown to a comfortable window table straight away. We were served most competently by the friendly staff and the food was all delicious - so was the wine! I particularly like the ladies' loo, the fittings are most imaginative and the standard of decor throughout is high.

We look forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Dined here a few days ago with a friend, both thoroughly enjoyed our pastas and salads! Good size portions! Was busy in the restaurant and the front of house coped very well which is rare in some places! Will be returning