“A Kiwi in Southport”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southport
Barford House Holiday Apartments
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Im very late in writing this review and I apologise for that.
I am from New Zealand and was told by a friend that I should stay in Southport. Had no idea where it was or what it was like. I looked on the internet and saw the gardens at Barford and thought hmmmm I like that.
Pauline was brilliant - I spoke to her and told her when I would be arriving in UK and she arranged transport for me from Manchester Airport which was a blessing after a 30hr flight.
My stay was for 4 days and I loved every minute of it. Pauline was so helpful and the apartment was absolutely beautiful. While I was in the UK I managed to stay at Barford again on several occasions and found Pauline just as lovely as ever and very helpful. I am coming back over in 2013 and will definitely stay there again - wouldnt want to stay anywhere else.
Thankyou Pauline .

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Helen P
154Pauline32, Owner at Barford House Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Thankyou for your lovely comments about Barford House Apartments and gardens Hellie. What a lovely surprise!

I look forward to having you stay for a longer spell next year.

The gardens were entered into Northwest In Bloom and I am recieving an award in October.

I am now a volunteer gardener and look after some of the gardens along Lord Street.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

My wife and I have just returned from our 10 day holiday in Southport.We stayed here at The Barford Holiday Apartments,for the 10 days.We have travelled and stayed at many places in Europe,but this tops the lot.Up until the day of of arrival,we contacted Pauline,the owner,and she was always very warm and helpful.She greated us warmly on arrival,and from there everything got better.Our rooms were amazing. Everything immaculate,and great design.One could not find better,not only for the price,but almost anywhere.This does only apply to the accommodation,but also for the amazing gardens,her pride and joy,and it shows.Pauline has won awards for the gardens,and well deserved.Pauline herself is a very helpfull,hardworking,genuine person.Our life is the the better for staying at her place,and knowing her,One more thing I must say,is that all the equipment was of good quality,worked,and
very comprehensive,Thank you Pauline., , .,, ...

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent,the ground floor are probably the best.but all rooms are just great. Al...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank recymike
154Pauline32, Owner at Barford House Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words, they mean alot.
You will be pleased to hear the RHS Judges have viewed the garden and thought it was beautiful, I am now entered into Northwest in Bloom.
Hope to see you both again, take care.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

We can only agree with other reviewers' glowing comments. Barford House, with its beautiful garden, is situated in a quiet location, yet only a few minutes walk from the centre of Southport. Our apartment was comfortable, well-equipped and spotlessly clean. Pauline is the ideal hostess - on hand and helpful but not intrusive. Thoroughly recommended (and thank-you Pauline for finding and posting back my glasses!).

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JudeandTimP
Management response:Responded 21 June 2012

Thankyou so much for your lovely comments regarding your apartment and my pride and joy the garden! I have just found out that Barford House is going to be added to the Southport in bloom tour route. The RHS judges will come and view the garden in a few weeks time. I am so pleased!
I was so glad I found your glasses, they are too expensive to keep replacing. Look forward to seeing you both again.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

We stayed in the beautiful garden apartment and couldn't fault a thing. There was plenty of space to accommodate my large family and the standard of cleanliness and attention to detail was fantastic. Pauline the owner is a lovely friendly person who doesn't intrude on your stay but is around if you ever needed her. I would highly recommend Barford House to anyone,my parents also have stayed in the ground floor apartment and are equally as happy as ourselves. Just wished we could have stayed longer!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
154Pauline32, Owner at Barford House Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Thanks for your lovely comments, so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at Barford House.
Look forward to seeing you all again sometime in the future, and meeting the newest addition to your lovely family.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

Me and my mum stayed at Barford House earlier this week and recently got home after a lovely stay in Southport. As others have mentioned, Pauline is a wonderful host and made our stay at Barford a very enjoyable time. She was very helpful when we first arrived and also when we left.

There are too many positives to list here but I would particularly highlight the wonderful space, the decor (I loved it, it's girlie but subtle!), the huge TV (which has freeview) and having wifi (which was speedy) was a real bonus as I like to bring my laptop away with me. The beds were very comfortable with lovely bedding and the shower was good. We had a lot of space to move around and having a seperate kitchen, which is very modern and clean, was lovely. The flat is about a 10-15 minute stroll from the main Southport area and is very close to the Promenade.

I really couldn't say anything negative about our stay at Barford House in Southport, we were made to feel very welcome and I would highly recommend anyone visiting the area to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Thankyou so much for your lovely review. I look forward to seeing you both again. Hopefully the weather will be better.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

WE recently stayed for 3 nights and Pauline's welcome, attention to detail and superbly appointed apartment was perfect for us and our 7 year old daughter. Thoroughly recomended to anyone staying in the Southport area.
Very clean and comfortable. The proprietor, Pauline was so helpful during our stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
154Pauline32, Owner at Barford House Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Thanks for your lovely comments, they are really appreciated. Hope to see you all again when the Barbershop Convention returns to Southport.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

Stayed at Barford House for 6 nights and would recommend the apts to anyone.Pauline the owner, is extremely welcoming and helpful. The apt was well equipped with everything you could wish for ,is immaculately furnished and the beds are exceptionally comfortable.The gardens are a real cascade of colour and beautifully kept. We have stopped at many places in Southport and we will definitely be returning here .

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
154Pauline32, Owner at Barford House Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

lovely comments make all my hard work worth while. Thankyou!
I look forward to seeing you both when you return.

Take care