Barford House Holiday Apartments
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Southport
See available hotels
Waterford Hotel(Southport)
The Bold Hotel(Southport)
  • Restaurant
Baytrees Hotel(Southport)
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgarden apartmentexcellent accommodationspent a weekclose to townself cateringa great staysea frontpaulinecleanliness
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Absolutely Fabulous !.
Warm welcome awaits from Pauline, tasteful modern decor,quality furnishings,cosy king size bed with snuggly bedding,clean bright bathroom and well stocked kitchen,the living room had been decorated for xmas and the extra touch of box of chocs was a lovely personal touch .

Room Tip: Apartment 3 .
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peggy B
154Pauline32, Owner at Barford House Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

Thanks for your lovely comments it makes all my hard work worthwhile!
See you next year

Reviewed 14 October 2012

Myself and my parents have just returned from a wonderful stay at Barford house. The accommodation was really comfortable and our hostess Pauline(who was more than welcoming) had catered for my father who is disabled. She put into place all the facilities my father needed to have a comfortable stay which he most certainly did. The apartment was well furnished and extremely clean and the kitchen was well equipped. The garden was also very well maintained and nice to sit out in and enjoy in nice weather.

We will be returning next year already provisionally booked.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
154Pauline32, Owner at Barford House Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Thank you for your lovely comments. I was so pleased you all enjoyed your stay and the weather was good enough for you to be able to take your Dad out in the wheelchair.

Look forward to seeing you all next Summer. Let me know nearer the time if you want me to book you the electric scooter again.

Pauline

Reviewed 29 August 2012

Im very late in writing this review and I apologise for that.
I am from New Zealand and was told by a friend that I should stay in Southport. Had no idea where it was or what it was like. I looked on the internet and saw the gardens at Barford and thought hmmmm I like that.
Pauline was brilliant - I spoke to her and told her when I would be arriving in UK and she arranged transport for me from Manchester Airport which was a blessing after a 30hr flight.
My stay was for 4 days and I loved every minute of it. Pauline was so helpful and the apartment was absolutely beautiful. While I was in the UK I managed to stay at Barford again on several occasions and found Pauline just as lovely as ever and very helpful. I am coming back over in 2013 and will definitely stay there again - wouldnt want to stay anywhere else.
Thankyou Pauline .

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Helen P
154Pauline32, Owner at Barford House Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Thankyou for your lovely comments about Barford House Apartments and gardens Hellie. What a lovely surprise!

I look forward to having you stay for a longer spell next year.

The gardens were entered into Northwest In Bloom and I am recieving an award in October.

I am now a volunteer gardener and look after some of the gardens along Lord Street.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

My wife and I have just returned from our 10 day holiday in Southport.We stayed here at The Barford Holiday Apartments,for the 10 days.We have travelled and stayed at many places in Europe,but this tops the lot.Up until the day of of arrival,we contacted Pauline,the owner,and she was always very warm and helpful.She greated us warmly on arrival,and from there everything got better.Our rooms were amazing. Everything immaculate,and great design.One could not find better,not only for the price,but almost anywhere.This does only apply to the accommodation,but also for the amazing gardens,her pride and joy,and it shows.Pauline has won awards for the gardens,and well deserved.Pauline herself is a very helpfull,hardworking,genuine person.Our life is the the better for staying at her place,and knowing her,One more thing I must say,is that all the equipment was of good quality,worked,and
very comprehensive,Thank you Pauline., , .,, ...

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent,the ground floor are probably the best.but all rooms are just great. All rooms are well insulated,so noise was not a problem.Either from the small amount of traffic,or other rooms.Barford Apartments,are also well situated for a short walk to Lord St..
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank recymike
154Pauline32, Owner at Barford House Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words, they mean alot.
You will be pleased to hear the RHS Judges have viewed the garden and thought it was beautiful, I am now entered into Northwest in Bloom.
Hope to see you both again, take care.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

We can only agree with other reviewers' glowing comments. Barford House, with its beautiful garden, is situated in a quiet location, yet only a few minutes walk from the centre of Southport. Our apartment was comfortable, well-equipped and spotlessly clean. Pauline is the ideal hostess - on hand and helpful but not intrusive. Thoroughly recommended (and thank-you Pauline for finding and posting back my glasses!).

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JudeandTimP
Management response:Responded 21 June 2012

Thankyou so much for your lovely comments regarding your apartment and my pride and joy the garden! I have just found out that Barford House is going to be added to the Southport in bloom tour route. The RHS judges will come and view the garden in a few weeks time. I am so pleased!
I was so glad I found your glasses, they are too expensive to keep replacing. Look forward to seeing you both again.