“Straightforward, Good Value”

The Willow Grove
Ranked #98 of 381 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Recently Refurbished Wetherspoons pub locacated in the middle of Southports Lord Street.
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Visited this week with my partner for Lunch. As expected from Wetherspoons Good Value Food & Drinks. Food was good as was the service.. We Will Be Back

1  Thank MadIccy

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Call in here for a light lunch and we were surprised how busy it was we went upstairs and found a nice table and ordered and thought it may be a while before our food would arrive , how wrong we were the food came within 7mins !!!!! It was very nice too ,,,, and free wifi we will be back!!!!!

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

This place is great for a starting point to a night out, however during the day it's full of alcoholic, dirty old men who push in and insist of being served first as they're regulars. Food is average pub food with average prices but the service can be poor. I've been on several occasions where orders have been muddled up and taken back into the kitchen as it's not what we've ordered. (Always keep your receipt to prove this) The worst occasion was when the same girl kept coming back to the table with the same plate of breakfast insisting it was a new plate but wasn't and later apologised as she was 'hungover'. Not quite the best choice in staff. No atmosphere during the day and a favourite with tourists, so can get busy but tables don't get cleared as often as they should during busy periods. Could be better!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I travel quite a lot between Lancaster and Liverpool and always stop off in Southport for a drink and food and a rest before continuing my journey. It holds fond memories of when my hubby and I first met and would meet up at the Willow Grove frequently. It is much better there than the wethys further along Lord Street. The Willow Grove in spite of being run by a small staff is always clean, service is friendly and reliable and the food always good.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

As a regular visitor to Southport, I've been in The Willow Grove quite a few times.

My experiences have taught me that it's ok for a quick drink before the cinema or going out for a meal somewhere else, but if you are looking for something to eat then go elsewhere!

They very seldom have your first choice available, so you always need to have a 'back up' choice. I've been served a hot dog that was cold in the middle, and fish that felt frozen in the centre. Both times I sent them back and sure they got replaced, but by then I felt a bit sick looking at my plate.

At the 'peak' times of summer, the tables are disgusting, food scraps and crumbs all over the place, and you often need to clear off dirty dishes and glasses yourself before you sit at a table.

It's ok for a quick pint or two before heading off somewhere else, but I would suggest trying the other Wetherspoons, just a few blocks away for better standard of food, cleaner pub and a nicer atmosphere for dining.