“Not as good as it was”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I came here as part of a large party. The service was dreadful, it was very rushed & the head waiter was on the verge of being rude. As a group we spent a lot of money but everything seemed like too much trouble & members of the party were spoken too in a dreadful manner. The fact that I wasn't drinking meant I was able to pay attention to the lack of detail. My food was ok but I have had better here in the past. Other members of the party were complaining about theirs. Customer service needs improving. Will not be returning in a hurry.

5  Thank Lyd212

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I went here for my birthday (10th May for those of you wondering) however, I went for an early birthday meal the Monday before as I am high in demand. I went with my family, including my Grandmother who is very deaf especially if there is background noise, however it was quiet and she could hear perfectly well.
I thought the food was lovely. I started with a prawn and avocado salad, it was a great size and very enjoyable. I then had the pan seared salmon - it was cooked to perfection. I finished with the sharing board which I "shared" with my dad, but we were both so full we couldn't finish it.
It was lovely to sit down on some big comfy sofa's for a drink before being shown to our seats.
Overall, fantastic - I will be back, with my Grandmother in tow!

1  Thank MillaMarie
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The food was excellent and the service matched it. Only downside was for me the cost of drinks and wine.

1  Thank Bob635
Reviewed 5 May 2014

there is nothing to dislike about this place, the food is really good, the surroundings are tasteful and the service is excellent. I will definately go back.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

This was my first time to The Metro in Southport.
I met up with six of my friends yesterday night for a catch up and a meal, first time I have been to The metro and I found it smart with a relaxing atmosphere.
For my meal I had the baby back ribs for starter and for my main salmon and for my dessert crème Brule which was heaven.

1  Thank NatDixon