The Metro
  • Restaurant
Rosedale Hotel(Southport)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewscontinental breakfastgroupon deallovely beer gardenchurch car parkfunction roomlord streetnice bar arealovely hotelfull englishwedding receptionpleasant staynight staymy mumtown centretea and coffeevisiting southportlovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2013

5/4/13 on arrival what we thought was the main door we ended up in trade mens entrance we was then lead out side to a entrance which was for main bar and restaurant had to check in stood in middle of the restaurant we was shown up to are room which had no window just a sky light we changed and went out came back early hours in morning to know on in the hotel went into are room and there was no electricity with there been no window there was no light went down stairs were there was no one to b seen we then found candles and took them to the room which is health and safety woke up at 6am with sun beaming through sky light felt like been questioned by the police we checked out I told the staff of our experience she said she would get manager to call me which he did not but I had to call as we left something in the room so I spoke to the manager told him what happened he said did you not read the note on the bed how do you do this when room is pitch black and was very rude and abrupt towards me I then spoke to manger res told her the same and she went so you should have read the note I told her about sky light and she said I will put a blind on it no offer of anything back as you have to pay up frount for the room I would not advice this hotel unless you was looking for hostel or blind due to the rude manor of the business

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank 462dianeb
Reviewed 20 May 2013

What a fantastic meal and wedding celebration we had at the Metro on 26 April 2013. Although we were only a small party, Amanda, Lesley, Kim and the rest of the team looked after us splendidly and helped make our day truly memorable - nothing was too much trouble. The food was excellent as was the quality of the service. Plenty of choice on the menu to suit all tastes. The hotel has been refurbished to a very high standard. The hotel bedrooms are spotless and tastefully decorated.
Thanks again for a wonderful day and for looking after us so well. We shall certainly be returning.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2013

For nigh on 20 years we, as a group, have travelled the length and breadth of Britain testing golf courses and nearby hotels to the full. We have had disasters, we have had very good, but The Metro tops the lot. Many other contributors have , quite rightly, drooled over the food, bedrooms and the overall cleanliness and facilities this hotel offers.

The staff and owners cannot do enough for their guests and they do everything with a smile and friendly approach to their duties. The bar is just the right size for such a group as ours, comfortable yet intimate.

So what gives this hotel that little extra for us golfers, the clubs room! Not only is it so convenient to have a ground floor room to store your clubs in a safe environment, next to the road for easy loading daily, but there is a tumble dryer, so so useful.

Finally we stayed in a very good hotel in North Berwick last year, but I had the temerity to criticise their expensive steaks, the manager refuted my assumptions. Well all I can say/suggest is that his chef travels to the Metro to discover how to source and grill an excellent steak that was succulent and several pounds cheaper!!!

All I all this Hotel has everything well done to all the staff. Perfect for golfing or such groups.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank HappyVillan
Reviewed 9 May 2013

The hotel is spotless, the staff are all very friendly, cant do enough for you, had a great time in southport, the eveing meal and breakfast was lovely, within walking distance to towm, loved it. The hotel is very new and modern, lovely outdooor area for lovely eveing drinks, would like to thank all the staff for a great time, will be going back

Room Tip: All the rooms were perfect for our party
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank debs098
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Ate at the Metro for the past two Friday's what can I say... The service was fantastic on both occasions. My first visit consisted of a works party serving a group of 10. The table d'hote was lovely and I believe this is changed on a regular basis. I had the ham hock terrine and steak for mains. Both with equisite quality! My second visit was with my boyfriend again the service was delightful we were treated with excellent care and attention. I went straight for a mains this time the fish and chips, my boyfriend had the prawn linguine, again fab quality! There even was a chap singing! So I would defineatly recommend this place whether that be with a loved one or even a works night.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple