“Fabulous accommodation and food.”
Review of The Metro

The Metro
Ranked #10 of 39 Southport B&B and Inns
Cambridge/Paris
“Fabulous accommodation and food.”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I've just returned from three nights at the Metro Southport. It was a perfect place to stay and to eat in so many ways. In terms of the hotel accommodation itself, the rooms are lovely, spotlessly clean and recently decorated in a tranquil contemporary style; comfy beds made up with sparkling linen, nice duvets and pillows; modern ensuite shower room with WC; plus all the facilities you need for a really pleasant stay; hairdryer, TV, tea and coffee etc. They really have thought of everything. In short, I had three nights of perfect sleeps in a quiet and well-appointed room and as a result have come home feeling as though I had a real holiday. It is also worth adding that in terms of location, the Metro is perfect for visiting Southport town centre, seafront and is is walking distance to the station for exploring the area around Southport. The food we ate at the metro also needs to be mentioned. Firstly the freshly cooked breakfasts (vegetarian option available) were stupendous in terms of quality, freshness and taste. I would happily eat the Metro breakfast every morning. It tasted better than any cooked breakfast I've eaten, even at five-star hotels. We also ate dinner on two nights in the hotel restaurants (open to non-residents). The standard of cooking is BRILLIANT. In terms of quality, presentation, taste (and quantity) the Metro's food cannot be bettered. The only shame was that we were too full to try the delicious looking deserts. From the booking process (dealing with the superb Amanda), to the actual stay, both in the hotel and the restaurant, the Metro's service is second-to-none. It is caring and utterly professional. The owner and her wonderful staff really want you to enjoy your experience of the Metro and go to so much trouble to make sure you have a memorable stay.
So many top hotels and restaurants could take lessons from The Metro. In short, a perfect few days. We can't wait to come back. Congratulations to everyone at the Metro for achieving such amazing standards!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
Southport
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My wife and I spent a lot of time looking for a venue to hold our wedding party. I've had a couple of work parties at The Metro and have been extremely impressed but wasn't sure it would be suitable for a wedding. However when I spoke to them about it they told me they were actually building a function room! Lesley the owner showed us the plans as it was literally a building site at the time but it was hard to picture what it would be like. All I can say is that Lesley is the type of person that after only speaking to for 30 minutes that you absolutely trust in her and that it would look amazing; and be ready in time! Fast forward 6 months and to our big day and yes it was ready and what a job Lesley, Amanda and her team did! The day went without a hitch and was truely amazing. A lot of our friends and family stayed at the hotel overnight and couldn't have enough praise for it. Everyone was so impressed. This was not only the first wedding that The Metro did but the very first time the function room had been used and it was absolutetly perfect. If this is how good a service they deliver on their first attempt, god only knows what it will be like once they've had a few more.

One of the biggest things that put us off from a lot of other wedding venues was that you had to tailor your wedding to their style, their menu etc etc; basically in our eyes the 'typical' wedding, which we didn't want! Lesley was completely different, she asked us what we wanted and said she would basically set it up however we liked.

We generally haven't got enough praise for this place whether it's for just to have a drink in their bar, to stay over night or to have a big party in their function room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank SouthportDN
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

There were four of us, two adults, a 6 year old and an 8 month old. The staff were very attentive and willing to help with whatever needs we had. The metro was immaculate, good menu to pick from.

The food did take a little to arrive despite only being two tables in, but the food was worth the wait!! The portions were perfect, in fact everything is was lovely.

I'd recommend to.anyone, the metro is a worth a visit if your out in Southport!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This place is a gem! The food is fantastic & the value is phenomenal.. We have eaten in many 'exclusive' restaurants & we feel the quality of the food is on a par with the very best. I would recommend the food here everyday over some of the much more expensive restaurants in Southport. Every time we go to Southport now dining at The Metro is top of our to do list. The staff are always very talkative, happy & very welcoming. The restaurant setting is beautiful & service is top class. We particularly enjoy the Tempura prawn starters :) Can't wait for the summer as there is a lovely beer garden...Congratulations again guys!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My partner and I stayed here as part of the Portland Spa Day package and I was very impressed.

Our room was comfy, spotless and decorated beautifully- as was the rest of the hotel.
The service we received was fantastic. I felt like a genuine interest in looking after us during our stay was taken by the staff.

Breakfast was very enjoyable. Lovely setting in the dining area, great choice of food that was cooked well.

What more can I say! We were very happy customers and would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2014
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Been visiting this bar for about a year now,lovely outside terrace for a hot sunny day,food is extremely nice and they serve a nice pint of San Miguel.All in all a very pleasant experience and a great place to take a group of friends.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank istanbulhero
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I stayed for one night in jan with the portland spa day the next day. Our room had been upgraded by the manager amanda after she had remembered me from my last stay, thank you. We had a fantastic 3 course meal in the evening and again the food was excellent as was the service. I cannot fault this little gem in southport we will be visiting again, soon I hope.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple