“Dads 80th birthday”
Review of The Metro

The Metro
Ranked #14 of 42 Southport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I booked this on the last minute for my dads 80th birthday, amanda was so helpfull and friendly an asset to the hotel , the staff gave my dad a birthday card , unexpected but made him feel special, my mum has dietry needs and they accomodated her no problem, room was clean and adequate and had tea making facilities, they thoroughly enjoyed their stay and would definately go back. thank you so much Amanda . Love Cheryl

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cheryl m

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the room above the front gardens,, gorgeous views and very soothing as the fountains were on all night,, 1 out of 4 of the towels were marked but that was all,, very comfortable beds and adequate sized room, good value for money however the breakfast was disappointing for £7pp. Overall a great overnight stay

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 10 July 2014

yesterday me and my friend arrived here at the metro for lunch as it was such a beautiful day we decided to eat outside my word the area for outside is so well maintained and tidy with the waterfall pond in the front also with fish inside it was so easy to relax. we ordered a mixed bread starter with oils and dips very nice and ordered a light bite well me and my friend both ordered fish cakes and side of chips well when it arrived it was superb the potion was so big that both me and my friend were unable to eat the side chips the food was amazing truly rare to find bravo. the staff served with a wonderful smile and never forgot we were outside and brought our drinks out to us nothing was to much trouble. if all goes well with the weather this weekend we will be returning with the in laws spread the word the metro is superb

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank denton19866
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I have just been for a family lunch at The Metro, the food was amazing. I have never tasted better.
The waiting on staff were very friendly and I did not feel we were rushed.
We had a sharing platter at the end for dessert and it was out of this world.
I would highly recommend this restaurant for anybody to have a family meal or business lunch.
It was very clean and lovely surroundings.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lindabrolly
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed here as a deal through the Portland Hall Spa and didn't even know it existed! I would definitely recommend visiting this hotel even if its just for a drink.
It is quite boutique looking inside and such a welcoming place.

They were in the process of extending the hotel into the functions rooms but we wouldn't have known this if we hadn't see workers at the function side of the hotel.

Staff were lovely and very attentive.

The rooms are ample enough (not massive but all that you need). The only one bad comment I could make was that the TV was extremely small and the signal quite bad but we only had it on for a short period so it didn't matter.

The fixtures and fittings are all to a very high standard.

The seating are outside the hotel (with fountain) are set out lovely and when we were there was extremely busy. Location is perfect for the spa and also Lord Street.

Defo coming back again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had a family celebration for my mums 90th birthday. It was excellent.As my sister and myself do not live locally, Amanda could not have been more helpful with organising the event.On a visit to finalise details the staff were very attentive and very helpful.
The family all stayed at the hotel and the evening was a great success. The food was excellent, and Paul looked after us so well, with the whole evening running smoothly.
Everyone was very impressed with the high standard of food and attention and we would definitely return to dine in the restaurant.
Thank you very much for making my mum's 90th celebration a memorable evening.
Lin and Sue.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a Wowcher deal with Portland Spa. The twin room we stayed in was excellent, breakfast was superb and also the light lunch was lovely. All staff were very pleasant and would like to say special thanks to Amanda nothing was too much trouble she advised us to visit the beach at Formby on our way back and gave us detailed directions - it was fab well worth a visit. Already planning a return to the hotel later on in the year with friends.

• Stayed: June 2014