“Excellent place, always great fun!”
Review of Silcock's Funland

Silcock's Funland
Ranked #12 of 34 things to do in Southport
manchester
129 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Excellent place, always great fun!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Silcock arcades are the best ones in Southport without a doubt. I've been coming to these for years and they never disappoint in terms of both fun and of cleanliness/maintenance. The staff are always great too.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank dianne m

England, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“A real rip-off!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have to say that this is the worst amusement arcade I have ever been to. It was very difficult to win anything even when it is only luck and not skill - all the 2p machines appeared to be heavily weighted or glued. We only went in for a bit of fun and spent a couple of pounds each however it was hard to win anything. When we did have a win - you didn't win any money you just won tickets which were redeemable for small, cheap tacky prizes - and you had to win loads of tickets just to get the smallest prize. There was a place for tea and coffee which was cheap. There looked like a big fish and chip shop next door which looked bright and airy but was closed. I don't normally give poor reviews but I feel moved to write about this - I would not recommend this attraction - especially if you have kids as it will cost you a fortune and you will have to manage their disappointment.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank JMH4
Dudley
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Typical seaside amusement arcade”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Arcade - okay. Nothing any different from any other seaside arcade. Good variation of machines, and a children's ride at the front was appreciated by my 6 year old. Staff were helpful when money jammed in one of the grab machines, although, as per normal, we won nothing in these machines as the 'grabber' just seemed too big to hold anything......funny that!

There is a cafe, which we didn't use, so can't comment. There are customer toilets, but when my husband went to use them found he had to pay 20p, and also came across another gentleman stuck on the other side of the barrier trying to get out! Needless to say, my husband refused to pay 20p to spend a penny, particularly when we had spent the best part of £10 in the arcade and instead used the facilities in the bowling alley down the road!

Visited June 2014
Alderley Edge, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Toddler days out!!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

It is as to be expected really noisy and flashing lights everywhere.
Its a very tightly packed place so big prams like mine would struggle..
Limited seating so be prepared to stand about a lot..
Slot machines, arcade games and a cafe I would and will never visit looks dismal!! The chip shop next door is worth a visit though..
Would I visit again?? If I had to!!

1 Thank Mishelle D
Lanark, United Kingdom
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“so so”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Funland is your typical slot arcade/ fast food venue. Staff seemed friendly enough, although perhaps a bit bored looking. Nothing of note on the pier apart from a smaller slot arcade at the end. The walk along the pier is probably the best part , if the walk is too much, there is a tram ride there and back. The carousel opposite the entrance looks beautiful.
This is perhaps some peoples ideal place, each to their own I suppose.

Visited May 2014