“Good value for money”

Splash World Southport
Ranked #16 of 36 things to do in Southport
More attraction details
Owner description: Southport's home to the fun all weather water park Dunes Splash World. Kept at a constant 84 degrees Fahrenheit it's the ideal place to visit no matter what the weather's like outside. With fast flumes and river rides, a relaxing bubble spa and a brand new, recently refurbished toddler area and water play area including tipping buckets and fountains so there's gallons of watery fun for everyone! There's a poolside cafe as well so after you've worked up an appetite pop in for some refreshments. Splash World forms part of the Dunes Splash World complex. As well as the leisure pool there is another 25 metre main pool, a toddler pool, a sauna cabin and steam suite and large sports hall. There is also a fantastic Fitness Suite with a massive range of state-of-the-art equipment and an activity studio with a wide and varied class programme. We are ideally located close to the park and ride, 10 minutes walk from the train station with good rail networks to Manchester and Liverpool/Chester. Close to the picturesque Lord Street, minutes walk from the beach and various other attractions, whether you come to Southport for the day or a short break, be sure to visit Splash World with family. Opening Hours: Term time: Mon-Fri Closed Sat & Sun 10:00 - 16:00 Splash World is open through school holidays. Check the website for details.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We have visited Splashworld a few times over the years, most recently last weekend for my daughters birthday. They have recently added 2 smaller slides to the children's play area and added some more toys to the toddler area as well, these are a really nice addition so there's now much more for younger children to do.

When you compare the prices to other water parks Splashworld is cheaper, there may be slightly less slides than some other pools but there is still plenty to keep everyone happy! The pools were slightly cooler than normal on our last visit and could perhaps do with turning up a degree or two and when we first went to use the showers they were cold but they did warm up eventually! Normally we haven't had any problems in the past so they may just have been having an off day.

Other than that it's a great pool to keep all ages of the family happy for a fairly reasonable price!

2  Thank flufumps

Reviewed 31 May 2014

we went last weekend wary after bad reviews but it was actually better than expected- took our 2 year old she loved it- £19 to get it and you get a loyalty card too get your 4th visit free- which is a good offer- the changing rooms were warm which is a must and clean- the baths overall could do with a refurb overall but the toddler area was brand new just a shame my 2 year couldnt use the sldes as there for 4 and over and adults cant go with them- the rides were good too but only got on once as ques were building
id give it a try for a day out and would go back

3  Thank dan4g63
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Went here because the swimming pool at Pontins was so poor.
£30 for four was o.k. Enjoyed the pools, slides etc.

2  Thank Jimmy B
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Excellent our boys really enjoyed splashed, I was a spectator and had to pay £5 , not too happy bout that.

3  Thank Posh37
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I just recently went back to Splash World with my friend, and I didn't enjoy it as much as the last time we went, the lockers were hard to understand how to use, it was VERY noisy, I couldn't hear a thing in there and I felt ill when I was swimming. I used to enjoy Splash World, but now I prefer places like Carriba Creek at Alton Towers

2  Thank Ryan T