“A Phoenix from the Flame”
Review of Thai Rice

Thai Rice
Ranked #5 of 359 Restaurants in Southport
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Southport, United Kingdom
“A Phoenix from the Flame”
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Me and the Missus stumbled across the Thai Rice last night by a pleasant accident. On the way to pick her up from work the taxi driver mentioned he'd been to a new Thai restaurant that had just opened on Bold st/ Bath street so we thought we'd try it out.

Thai Rice is in the same location as the old Thai Flame, but its a completely different experience. The new Thai owners have obviously invested a good deal of time and money in beautifully renovating the place and its really smart and clean.

The menu has all the classic Thai standards and includes a number of really good value banquets. We chose a banquet between the 2 of us and both the starters and the mains were absolutely fantastic. Every dish was so fresh , full of flavour and presented so beautifully. To top this the service was 5*, with helpful suggestions on what to choose and what went best with what. When the bill came it was great value for the amount of food and drink we'd had.

Southport has been lacking a Thai restaurant for so long and now we have one of the best I've ever been too. We'll be back soon. I wish the new owners every success and hope they are here for many years to come. Great start to a new year and thanks for investing in the Town..

8 Thank LilBeethoven

uk
“'Fantastic'”
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I had heard very good reports about this restaurant, and I really love my oriental food so I couldn't wait to try it.
There was 4 of us that went and the first thing I noticed was how lovely and relaxed it was. The service was fantastic and the staff were very attentive.
There was a wide variety of food choice off the a la carte menu and the prices were very reasonable. The presentation of the food was lovely and each of our dishes were unique in there own way and tasted fantastic!
I couldn't pick a fault with the evening and I would definetly return again.
Thank you to everyone at The Thai Rice, we had a lovely meal and we will see you soon!

7 Thank joyceuk2
Southport, United Kingdom
“Best, most authentic Asian food in Southport”
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I am a huge fan of Thai food (having spent several years living in Asia and working in Asian restaurants) so I was quite eager to try out the newly opened "Thai Rice". I stopped by for a snack last night and was absolutely delighted with their DIM SUM. Each dumpling was very large and flavoured with a delicious blend of spices, served with a homemade sauce. Ingredients were fresh and the rest of the menu looks fantastic as well (not to mention affordable!)

They have just redone the entire place and it looks beautiful inside. The staff was very welcoming and friendly. A place I would definitely recommend (and will be a very regular patron of myself)

7 Thank Jaime A