“Superb.”

Dining options: Reservations
Northumberland
“Superb.”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We visited the 'Spice of Bengal 'early, around 6pm, and chose the 'Early Bird' menu. It was superb. We had Popadoms and Chutneys while we waited ( not long ) for our starter. We chose Chicken Tikka which was delicious, although there was also a choice of Onion Bargee or Samosa.
For the main course we chose Lamb Madras (my husband ), and Chicken Vindaloo,(myself) although there were plenty of other choices ranging from mild to very very hot. (Plal).It was accompanied by a choice of rice or a naan bread. It was superb, better than many high priced restaurants I have visited in my time.
The restaurant was very nice, the staff very professional. We were brought iced water, and , at the end of our meal, hot towels.
This lovely experience came at a price of only £8.95 each. Amazing!
I am a 'Geordie' lady in her early 60's, and was on holiday for the first time in this area. What luck to stumble upon such a gem. We Geordie's know a good curry when we see one,we also know excellent value for money. I would highly recommend this restaurant ,without hesitation ,to anyone. My compliments to the Chef.
Mari.