“Lovely!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 July 2013

The staff and food are brilliant. Very generous portions, good drinks selection and the staff go out of their way to ensure you meal :) Always go here on New Years Eve and there is always a fantastic atmosphere!

1  Thank sangria23

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We went out for a family meal here, the staff are very friendly and attentitive. My nephew was unsure on how the various dishes differed and the staff were more than happy to help. The early bird menu offer was on, which is excellent value. Between the 6 of us we had chicken tikka, onion bhajis as well as the usual poppadums and sauces. All were excellent, the bhajis were delicious, and the chicken was lovely and moist. For mains we had pilau rice, naan bread, lamb bhuna, lamb rogan josh, lamb dupiaza and chicken bhuna. Everything was excellent, one point I will say is that the dishes could of been a little hotter for my liking but I see why they are a little milder than usual.

We will definantly be returning here. They even do take always!

Delicious :)

Reviewed 23 March 2013

We visited the 'Spice of Bengal 'early, around 6pm, and chose the 'Early Bird' menu. It was superb. We had Popadoms and Chutneys while we waited ( not long ) for our starter. We chose Chicken Tikka which was delicious, although there was also a choice of Onion Bargee or Samosa.
For the main course we chose Lamb Madras (my husband ), and Chicken Vindaloo,(myself) although there were plenty of other choices ranging from mild to very very hot. (Plal).It was accompanied by a choice of rice or a naan bread. It was superb, better than many high priced restaurants I have visited in my time.
The restaurant was very nice, the staff very professional. We were brought iced water, and , at the end of our meal, hot towels.
This lovely experience came at a price of only £8.95 each. Amazing!
I am a 'Geordie' lady in her early 60's, and was on holiday for the first time in this area. What luck to stumble upon such a gem. We Geordie's know a good curry when we see one,we also know excellent value for money. I would highly recommend this restaurant ,without hesitation ,to anyone. My compliments to the Chef.
Mari.